1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Paiting Tyre Walls for my New Pirelli Tyres for Linea MJD Classic Plus

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by sriks84, Aug 3, 2015.

1. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi Folks,

I recently upgraded to a "205/55 R 16 Pirelli P7 Tyres "with "Italian Momo 98 PCD" perfect fit Alloy wheels for my Linea Classic MJD and have attached the pics below.

Momo italina alloys link -

http://www.momo.com/en/road-wheels/road-wheels-all-products/revenge-anthracite.html?id=108

I specifically wanted the letters on my tire "PIRELLI" and "P7" to be highlighted and i tried using radium stickers which did not stick on the walls at all.

Then i used Asian paints "Golden Yellow color" Gloss enamel paint and my wife did a brilliant job in painting those tire wall letters and its been 1 day but the paint have not dried yet.

Any idea about how long would it take for this paint to completely dry on tyre walls, I've deiced not to use the car to avoid water and rain until it dries up completely. Your advice and suggestions would be of great help to me .

Thanks
    Srikanth

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG
    Murphy_Fiat, varunrtr, Anup and 12 others like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Alloys looks nice buddy.

I would suggest you to park your car in sunlight and I am sure the paint will be dried in a day.

What is the cost of Momo Alloys..looks amazing..drool material.
  3. sriks84

sriks84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Kedar.. Alloys costed me 34 K inclusive of all teaxes
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very nice alloys... Super i liked it...
    With that yellow painting, ur black linea is looking red hot.... :happy::)
    Cheers
    sriks84 likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    A beautiful choice of alloys just changed the stance and poise dramatically, for the best off course..:)
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    So did you order online from Italy? And also, how did you get to know that its 98 PCD, I didnt see it written anywhere while I was browsing the web site.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just with alloys and tire painting your linea looks sporty.Worth the painting.
    sriks84 and Pradeepms like this.
  8. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Will that alloys available in 15" and also give info from where u bought the same.

Cheers
  9. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Can you tell how does it feel changing to Pirelli P7 tyres. I'm planning to change my new Linea with NCT5 to P7 is it worth it or should i hold on to the NCT5.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @sriks84 The Alloys and the tires look nice. As pointed out already you can park the car in the Sun or just a thought may be a hair dryer can help if you have one handy at home. Mrs Srikanth does deserve a special appreciation for her patience and those stable hands.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    sriks84 likes this.