1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

painting the steering wheel controls as in Punto Evo

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by pdydeva, Jan 30, 2014.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Hello friends, it's been a while since I wrote anything in the forum. Thought I'd resume back with a recent DIY work. Painted the steering wheel control button panel as in Punto Evo. Used com-paint spray and the color is Maruti suzuki's silky silver.

IMG_20140111_181449.jpg

Time consumed: hardly an hour
    2 people like this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Looks good... what color would you suggest for linea?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    How did you cover the steering?

Sent from my ✈✈ using Tapatalk
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks. I wanted some color which matches the music player front fascia. I'm not sure if Linea's music player console is different from Punto's.

I actually removed the steering controls plastic away from the steering using a soft tool. Once that is removed, the buttons (with inscriptions) can be removed separately for painting the outer plastic. The center vertical line is part of the outer plastic.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats looking great man.

Can you please post a full picture of your car's dashboard. I can see silver AC Vents as well.
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Nice DIY buddy and Thanks for update!

It would be nice, if you could post step by step approach to achieve this result. Pictorial presentation is appreciated.
    It would help most of the members out here to understand the process and if required, they can undertake this project too. :)
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks. Yeah.. I tried doing something like the AC vents of a Vento (with a thin line), but ended up this way :) I'll try to upload the complete dashboard pic by EOD.

Thanks. I'll do that in a few days.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    This is how Abarth/Evo steering wheel look like. Try paint the bottom part of steering as well.

Abarth-Punto-5.jpg
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Here's the view of the AC vent

IMG_20140131_085956.jpg

IMG_20140131_090012.jpg

IMG_20140131_090136.jpg
    6 people like this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    pdydeva inspired by you I have also got this paint job done for my Punto. :) Will start a new thread for detailed infomation.

Pandit Auto, Bavdhan (FASS) did this job for me and I am impressed by their work. :up
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    2 people like this.