1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Painting reverse parking sensors

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by pvsuryap, Nov 24, 2010.

1. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    So Surya....you bought Autocop from outside and got it installed from FIAT ??? How are they different from the FIAT ones??? Is it a camera model that you got for Rs. 2700??
  2. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    I just bought An Autocop mirror type sensor system. The dealer helped with the installation but charged me.
    The ones that I purchased outside cost me about 1900 less than what the dealer quoted. Accessories are expensive in the dealership and I prefer to get them outside but have the dealer install them.

I did not enquire about the camera. Thats not a sensor. Camera is convenient but I needed a sensor to make the sound beep. Thats more practical in my opinion. Camera is good to see but it does not keep your senses alert.

Hope this helps.
  3. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanks Surya...im planning one for my car too. I am planning for my car too. I was wondering if it is the same Autocop sensors that FIAT are selling for 1900 more or are the FIAT ones better in quality/features. Guess i will have to find out.
  4. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    Great...

- Fiat sells Fiat brand sensors. They need to be ordered if they are not in stock with the dealer. The price is Rs.3900 on site but dealer will charge Rs.4200 in total (includes fitting). I did not find any visual device for Fiat sensors. I assumed that they just emit the beep beep sound. They come in black - Unpainted. These sensors are not AutoCop brand.

- I guess the dealer sells AutoCop brand as well; but on MRP basis - around Rs.4000. He might charge for fitting though. (If he agrees to fit not fiat brand sensors) If you can get your dealer to agree on fitting the AutoCop sensors (purchase outside for about Rs.2500 - 2800), it will save you some money. More importantly, this will avoid wire tampering, warranty loss etc. The AutoCop sensors come with a small display hidden in the rear view mirror which looks and feels good.

I wouldn't recommend non dealer fitments.

The important thing is that all sensors come in black/white/silver/beige (all brands). They don't match the SBB colour. Only the dealer has the formula for SBB and they are the right ones to paint the sensor. The formula mix is available at DuPont colour as well but the effort to get access for such a small thing is not worth it. (In my case, I bought silver ones and got them painted SBB. Dealer charged me Rs.400 for painting but its worth the price. Worked out good).

Hope this helps.
  5. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanks surya....i hope you have checked out Ansal's parking sensors with a night vision camera. Again its a FIAT accessory.
  6. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hello adutt - Was wondering if you got the parking sensors with the night vision camera?
  7. Internet is flooded with opinions swinging both ways, and very convincingly! A few doubts though:
    the Sensors have one outer-ring of hard plastic, then a softer rubber kind of white coloured ring, and finally a black hard plastic disc again at the centre.
    1. Which parts should be painted? I've been advised to mask the middle-softer ring only and paint rest.
    2. Should the surface be first grated / sanded lightly and primed like every other plastic part? Or just painted directly?
    3. Does the unit take too much power that the reverse switch gets heated?
    I'm investing in an OEM and installing at a fiat-authorised service station just so that even if they wreck something, warranty should cover it. It was they only who recommended it, saying fiat is promoting it now as standard fit. I have am Ocean Blue 2012 Emotion...
    please any suggestions / explanations would be extremely appreciated!
  8. and a small update, fiat OEM Parking Sensors are AutoCop make now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2016
  9. supermanmahesh

supermanmahesh Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Do they come in body color? I'm getting my Punto Evo Emotion white in a few days and the dealer has agreed to give it as a freebie.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mahesh,

The freebie sensors are black colored, we need to get them painted to body color. Last year we paid Rs 500/- additionally for the parking sensors to be painted to red for a friends EVO.

I would advice you to push them to get it painted for free, if not pay that small sum and get them painted as black one's looks sour on the car unless your car itself is black.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    supermanmahesh likes this.