1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Painting reverse parking sensors

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by pvsuryap, Nov 24, 2010.

1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Guys I have the same dilema. My Punto is Electric blue and the parking sensors are black. One of the retailers outside said that the sensors can be painted. But TATA guys say no to painting. The sensors installed by TATA guys are xenos, and it surprised me to read bnzjon's comment that Xenos guys painted his sensors and they work fine.

Im more interested getting them painted from FIAT as the colour will match. Im losing my cool, im losing my sleep guys. Get nightmares about the sexy blue babe with 4 black circles on her rear.

Please advise....
  2. Why dont you contact the Xenos guys in Mumbai ?

All parking sensors sold out of Xenos, Chennai are painted to match body colour.
    You may contact Mr Subbu of Xenos, Chennai (mob : 9381293005) for contacts at Xenos, Mumbai
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks mate. Well I would have contacted the Xenos guys directly had FIAT not been giving me the parking sensors as a freebie.

Can I get it done from FIAT? Also does FIAT have reverse parking camera as an accessory?
  4. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    I checked with FIAT ... no parking sensors with Camera. The stock ones cost 3900 + installation.

I got Autocop finally... ones with the mirror. Workshop took 400 to paint and 300 for installation. Autocop costed me 2700 in Hyd.
    I like the sensors but the mirror rattles a bit. I am going to visit Autocop next week to sort this out.

Thanks everyone for their advice.

Regards,
    Surya
  5. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    Dont loose your cool buddy .. you drive a FIAT remember..
    Well I got my Tjet's sensors painted and they work just fine.
    I would advise you to go for it.. Paint only at the showroom to match the colour.

All the best.
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Thanks man, that helped ::T Did you get them painted from FIAT only? Didnt they try to persuade you from not painting them at first? Can you please post some pics of the TJets rear, that would help :roll:
  7. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Ok guys the guy at concorde informed that they can only paint the outer ring of the sensor. The inner circle would remain black only. Why is this so?

I mean I have seen many a cars with completely painted sensors and they seem to work fine.

Bnzjon, are you sensors painted completely, both the inner and outer ring?
  8. Mihir, its painted fully to match body colour.

Attching a pic of the painted sensors.

linea.jpg
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Dude the pic is just a thumbnail, could you attach the whole image?
  10. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    So finally I paid 2700 + 800 (Fitting and painting at showroom). Its more on the expensive side but I needed the job done on the same day.
    Not a great deal I suppose.

[attachment=0:29kmjkrh]IMG_4562.JPG[/attachment:29kmjkrh]