1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Painting PUNTO center console

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Chasing_Dreams, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Chasing_Dreams

Chasing_Dreams Timido

Bangalore
    Hi,</SPAN>
    I am planning to paint my Punto Active’s center console and AC vents to silver, same as in higher end models. If any one of you knows how to open center console and AC vents, please let me know. A step by step guide very much appreciated. </SPAN></SPAN>

Thank you,</SPAN>
    Pramod</SPAN>
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    First of all stereo have to be removed by poking appropriate tool in 4 holes in HU. Then you can remove ac vents panel and ac panel by removing torx screws and pulling them towards you lightly.
    Also there are two torx screw also on lower part of ac panel near cup holders.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    it can be done i had seen a white punto with its center console painted white and it looked super sporty. whats us car color
  4. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Even I would be interested in this - though I want to paint the Linea's centre console matte black. The stock colour is pathetically dull.
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Try the spares for the full console from the higher models. The complete console isn't that expensive.
  6. Chasing_Dreams

Chasing_Dreams Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for your responses, this weekend I will try working on it. My car color is BNW. I don’t want the same stock look of higher variants but with the same theme I need different look, so, I am trying DIY.
  7. RYadav

RYadav

All the best buddy...do upload the snaps.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sounds interesting, pls do post the sequenced pics of dismantling painting and putting it back.
  9. Post the pics once you finish with your DIY.best of luck!!!
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    can u get the dashboards colour back by some paint.