1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Painting Linea Alloys and Rear Drum/Hub

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by GP_Freak, Jul 23, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Yes that and a black roof. Or would that be too many cooks.:confused: :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. RKK

RKK Amatore

Agree. I would add more. Please paint same color to front grill...
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No No.... that will be really hideous !!!
    What update about the bodykit?
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Yes Ganges, I am looking for a body kit. That simple Orange colour kind of left the car incomplete now and it demands more cosmo mods.
    Ok buddy, I respect your feeling ;-)

Thank you Linear.I suspect Orange on Mirror caps will kind of be out place.

I always wanted to do it, but being in Chennai, doing that would be unwise technically considering the hot and humid summers. The so called Leather seats in Black are already scorching my entire back when climbing in to the car after parking it in hot sun. But it’s always in the back of my mind. But for now, I am fixed on getting a body kit to give a little more sportier look.

Agreed buddy, btw, I am yet to call the Ostler guys. The facebook profie contain only one pic uploaded in it where I was drooling to see some neat mods displayed there. Another practical trouble for me is that I cannot get it done in Kerela for sure. Will they ship the unpainted Kits to Chennai ?
    Some more pics. The Golden Colour in the Hub is indeed Garish and the bolts are okay to look at. It would have looked kool on a Black car with Black alloys may be. But for a DIY thing on a budget, it does Glitter. Let me see how long that Gold paint holds on without blackening. I will repaint it later in Different, but for now my back is too sore and have planned to leave it as such. Atleast, it will serve as a test to understand how long the 120 Bucks paint can stay glittering in a Hard Automotive Environment.

20140727_112650.jpg 20140727_112704.jpg 20140727_111928.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    varoon9999, Rituraj, ghodlur and 7 others like this.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Tempting to do some cosmetic changes on my TJet+ ::T
  6. pratul

pratul Timido

I must agree, you are quite brave . Having said that, I liked the combination, few more mods and it will be a head Turner
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    How the hell did I missed this thread? Wow, the color is just outstanding literally!!

It seems few more mods will be required to complement that color. And as mentioned by pratul, you are Brave :up
  8. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey GP,
    The orange color looks cool. I wish they had orange, canary yellow, Sparkling green as even standard colors in the cars . Love seeing someone doing things just because he feels good doing it. Car looks pretty fine with those alloys. Maybe a bit of orange shade here and there would compliment the alloys more strong.......great work of imagination and courage . kudos.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

The painted alloys look great on the car, surely the car must be ahead turner in your city. Just wondering if the alloys would still look good when covered in muck, removing the dirt I hope doesnt have an effect on the colour I mean peeling off. I would suggest some good graphics in orange to go along with the laooy colour. Not dark ones but subtle light ones.
  10. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I do not have alloy wheels. and a very boring gray wheel caps for my regular rims. Can we paint these wheel caps to some other color?. Is the plastic/fibre material of the wheel hubs with standard ( not-alloy) wheels paintable?
    I got a tuscan wine punto
    1 person likes this.