1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Paint Peeled off :( -LINEA

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by bharath, Mar 2, 2014.

1. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Dear TFIans,

Tomorrow, I will be taking the car to Coimbatore for the first service.I need some clarifications for the below questions:

1)A small amount of paint peeled at the bottom the front bumper after hitting the shoe rack while trying to park the car in the portico but luckily no dent happened (In my heart though :( ).Is it possible to repaint that affected portion ? Will this be charged as well as the portion is very small.

DSC_2227.jpg

2)Sun film is yet to be installed in the car.I heard there is something which is government approved sun films.If so ,will it be worthy to go for it (For AC effectiveness & protection from sun) and how much will it cost ?

3)Apart from the fluid checks ,will be there be exterior and interior cleaning as well ? What else I need to take care of ? I am thinking not to change the oil as it is a mere 5k km only.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I suggest to do a touch up and move on instead of spending too much on it.

There is nothing called as Govt. Approved sun films. Any modifications that you do to your glasses is illegal. You can still opt for the CR70 film from 3M which is hardly visible but controls the heat inside the cabin. Again, you have to do this at your own risk as this is also illegal.

I don't suggest to get the cleaning done from the FASS.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Ramesh.Can you elaborate about 'touch up'.I am not getting it.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Ramesh..I will check this out.