1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Paint peel off in door pad

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by BALASUBRAMANI, Apr 26, 2015.

1. BALASUBRAMANI

BALASUBRAMANI Timido

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    My 2012 fiat linea diesel emotion is started peeling off after 2.5 years at front
    right driver side.
    Initially it started as blistering (bubble) and slowly started peeling off like a skin of snake.
    Dealer is saying that is not covered under warranty even though is a manufacturing defect.

image.jpg

image.jpg
  2. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @BALASUBRAMANI, please write to Fiat India and attach the pics. I haven't gone through the warranty booklet/details but I feel thsi should be covered.
  3. BALASUBRAMANI

BALASUBRAMANI Timido

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Do you have contacts?
    I'm interacting one guy called Mangesh in Mumbai which is not effective
  4. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't have any contacts. Just write to Fiat India @ service.india@fcagroup.com and I have found them pretty responsive. Mangesh generally replies. Other option is to check out the warranty booklet and if it covers the issue you are getting, point them towards that.
  5. BALASUBRAMANI

BALASUBRAMANI Timido

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Ok thanks a lot
  6. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    I think this should be covered under warranty. I had a similar paint peeling problem but on the exterior body (bumper and fuel lid) and I got it repainted free of cost. My car was less than a year old when this happened. Let me see if I can post some pics.
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Do you drive with your elbow resting on the place where paint has started to peel off?
    If yes then constant exposure to sweat does have this effect on the dashboard paint... check if there are some good dashboard painters in your city.. its a matter of few hundred rupees.
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I have something similar on my 2009 Punto. A patch just peeled off from the same area in the photo. The peeled off area is still visible if one looks closely, but I don't really bother too much about it. Poor quality of the paint or plastic is to blame. I never used to put my elbow in that area.