1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PAINT JOB for PUNTO ALLOYS to give sporty look!!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by wolverine_arnab, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I had put up pics in some other thread.
    I got mixed reactions,i like them,and most people around me also do:)

548063_286962948070840_856135358_n.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. It looks great,it will look awesome on moving car...
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have a T-Jet not the plus variant. It has steel rims, not alloys :D.
    The main reason I did not opt for the plus variant is because I hate the OE turbine alloys (read my signature :D) not to mention the so called "premium" Italian leather. These guys have no clue what premium is.

And, yes you can have my steel rims for free. You may have to wait for a while though.
    I have only saved about 10% of the landed cost of the Borbets. :D :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Looks good DRIV3R, Any pointers on where you got this done in Chennai? I've the same color and will be interested to do something like this. Will you recommend the same guys as I'm hearing not so great feedback or any other place in Chennai.
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Thanks teky. I got it done at Villivakam. They are very unprofessional guys and did a shoddy job. The place is run by a guy who never minds supervising the work, and just pockets the cash. But, if you are willing to hang around the whole day, I would say you can give it a shot. I paid around 1k per wheel while the job is worth half of it.

Few pointers:

1) I would go by 9 AM and wait, the painter would come by 12 PM and wait for the boss's word to start the work, after that he would wait for the mechanic over there to jack up the car, remove the wheels by say 2 PM
    2) Then cleaning, sanding is done. No primer applied.
    3) Then they give a couple of coats of paint and a clear coat, by then time is around 7 PM and the wheel would just be drying, the mechanic wants to leave right away and so they fix the wheels right away, no lighting, I had to use my torch light to guide the sole mechanic
    4) Since FIAT has provided bolts unlike other cars which have nuts to fix the wheel, there is some fresh paint peel right when the wheels are tightened, placing the wheels in angle to the hole and bolting them itself is quite a process. This, in addition to a measly layer of clear coat made me visit these morons once again and make them re-do the job. I just went away for a couple of hours and by that time they had finished it, I could not make out much then, noticed later that one of the wheels was unpainted at the same spot I showed to the moron of a painter that morning. Decided to touch them up myself later. In both cases, the mistake happened while I was not there at the shop. So, my advise is, if you can stay there and be stern with them, go ahead, else we will hunt for a more professional setup.
    1 person likes this.
  6. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Teky Vignesh Know a guy near virugambakkam who did for MN's GTX alloys. they have done a decent job. contact Vignesh for more details. I am also planning to do the alloy painting job but not so soon
    1 person likes this.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Colour choice on the alloys is a personal taste.. painting the alloys based on opinions may make u confident, but may not necessarily make u happy deep inside ur heart.

i own a red gp with white abarth graphics.. and i know it will look good in white alloys.. but i don't prefer white esp on gp stock alloys..red gp in white Linea alloys is a killer. white needs a lot of care, esp on the front with the brake dust.. i prefer darker shades....
    again personal choice...

if ur considering to paint..then give a serious thought on powder coating.. its the best solution.. no paint chipping problems and last very long.. the -ve's i can think of is
    1)limited choice of colours
    2)number of shops that do powder coating
    3) u cant go back to the original shade. but who wants to if he wants to paint them in the 1st place.

price i think is a little more expensive..may be cheaper not sure.. but definitely saves ur the pocket in the long run.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i like these shades.. Bullet 8.jpg Bullet 9.jpg

sorry, could'nt find the full size picture of the vehicles.. when i do will upload them..
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its a ferrari combination,,,, go for the combination of Black or grey alloy wheel with Yellow brake pads...

imagesCA0SNPDD.jpg
    imagesCAXM38FM.jpg

otherwise go with white color alloy wheel with yellow brake pads ;)

280708-zn-abart.jpg

P.S:- Colors are individual's choice.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks for the insights - I would probably then stay away from these guys. I shall check with my other sources and will update here if find someone decent enough.

Thanks Dhans - I'll contact Vignesh.