1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PAINT JOB for PUNTO ALLOYS to give sporty look!!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by wolverine_arnab, Oct 28, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Raise the car on jack, place concrete bricks underneath, take off all the wheels and give them for painting. If it takes 2 -3 days also, you will not be stressed. When painting is done, fit them back. You could get someone to paint the brake callipers in the meantime - (DIY??)
    OFC, the negative would be -
    1. Manage without a car for the intervening period and
    2. Find a way to transport the wheels to the painter. I can help with this.

Before you think I am joking, I am dead serious.

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    5 people like this.

2. Excellent idea Mr.Rajan,I really never thought of this..I really appreciate for your kind words,meanwhile will enquire with some paint garages..I really want a perfect job else I will end up with ugly set of wheels...
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad you liked my idea. And seriously, drop the Mr. bit. You are making me feel old :D :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. It comes naturally out of respect :p

Btw,you know of any such good painting booths or garages??or should I ask TASS only?
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Very good suggestion Rajan. It will be more tension free work for Arnab.

Arnab, ask them to come to your home with 4 jack and open the 4 wheel and send all with them to shop. You will be more tension free then.

For me it took morning 10 to evening 7 to complete the job.

Painting alloy will take max 20-30 minutes with multiple coating. But cleaning alloy it will take 5-6 hrs. Paint will take time to dry 1 to 1.5 hr. Don't clean your car with water and avoid water logged road till 24 hrs.

Then use it as normal Alloy. use high pressure water cleaning too, it will not be problem, I did the same in 3M.

Best of luck & wishes for your modification.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sai Colorium . They do a really good job. I would stay far away from TASS. I am sure they will rip you off and then do a shoddy job. Nothing beats OE paint finish, though. No, I do not mean FIAT. I mean the alloy manufacturers. I am saving up for Borbet alloys in white for the T-Jet. Planning on importing directly :D

Rajan
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I got my Alloys painted recently.
    I used my spare,and borrowed another,and got 2 painted at a time,over a period of 2 days.
  8. The probs like paint peeling off @ places does this happen?will this give the oem finish and feel?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Another good idea,but where are the pics?let us also admire your cars beauty..
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OE fit and finish depends on how well the alloys get cleaned and prepped before painting. Sorry, but I do not believe TASS has the knowhow or the inclination to do a proper job of prepping the alloy. They will do a good job painting, but the joy will be short-lived.

Rajan
  10. If you are selling your alloys then I am buying them...I can only afford paintwork on the alloys(I am broke almost @ the moment):A
    But after spending money on this I dont want to repent in case I end up with something ugly...

Btw,I called up Sai colorium,they were closed on sunday,today also closed for some reason...I asked the person over the phone to give me a quote but he said he can only say after he consults with his mechanic(painter)..