1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PAINT JOB for PUNTO ALLOYS to give sporty look!!

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by wolverine_arnab, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Guys I want to get my alloys and brake pads painted,so please give any suggestions you have.Along with the shop(bangalore guys only),and an estimate as to how much it will set me back by.

Me and my wife are interested in Matt Black(little gray),and yellow brake pads,will it gel properly with my car?My car color is ER.

Here is a pic for reference:

I like this glossy black+brake pads yellow,will this look good with the oem punto alloys?

Are there any paint garages in bangalore which can do works like these with near perfection?
    (This pic was taken from Fiatforum)
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. black alloys with light grey coloured disc pads will be good to your exotica red punto i guess...!
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Go to A1 Care care near Mallige hospital (near ashoka pillar).. They can paint your calipers in what ever color you want.
    Painting alloys is not that simple you need to sand down any rough edges ,scratches apply putty and then re-sand then paint the alloys...
    I know a guy who can do it for you and he's situated near K.R Road.
    If your interested PM me i will give you full details..

Also you might have to leave your car for 2-3 days , its not a 10min job.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I have painted mine gun-metal grey. Here's a picture, got it done at Chennai, and I wouldn't say that it's a 100% perfect job.

14 people like this.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Arnab as you have red Punto then I will strongly suggest you to go with white color Alloys with Red color break callipers. White alloys on red car will look supercool.
    1 person likes this.
  6. I think "kedarbendre" is right, you should go in for white colour alloys with red brake calipers, it looks great. Even white coloured body graphics & side ORVMs goes best with exocita red Punto (better than black, totally my opinion) in the same way red colour ORVMs & side graphics goes with Bossa Nova White Punto 90 hp sports. :)
  7. Will it go well with my cars black stickering(sports)??that is why black was my first option,as it will look well..but i am confused now..

- - - Merged Post - - -

looks good..how much were you charged?and how many days it took for the paint job??
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

This looks cool!!
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Thanks. :) I was charged roughly over 1k per wheel. It took a day. The job was shoddy, as the paint peeled off at few delicate places after a pressure wash. Took the car back to them and stood on their necks till they re-did it. Again, it is a bit shabby in a wheel or two. But visible only to a keen eye like mine. So, technically it took 2 of my man days for supervising, as I do not trust my car with anyone.

Thanks buddy!
  10. Exactly this is my main concern,if the job can be done within a day then i am ok with it..But I am scared of giving the car for 2-3 days in the workshop...