1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership Thread of my 1.3 MJD Punto - 7925

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Arun AC, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Arun AC

Arun AC Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,

This is my official ownership thread and I hope to keep it live and updated.

My car has done 32K Kms and I have given for 3rd service in KHT Fiat, Bangalore, which was supposed to be at 30K. My bad, Couldn't give it on time due to some personal emergency.
    Will this affect my warranty ? Also, I was told that the brake pads have worn off (though they indicated that it has had a good life) and needs replacement. The problem here is that the SA suspects that the discs might have also suffered damage and suggests me to replace the same. I personally inspected the disc and found that there was no wavy pattern the surface though I could feel a dip of 2-3 mm on the surface compared to the edges.
    I own a Vento where in we replaced the discs only at 60K Kms and it was fine till then. I wanted to have your valuable suggestion if I should go for a disc replacement immediately or post 45K Kms. Just to give you an idea of my usage, I drive close to 2K a month with half of it being highway runs at respectable speeds. Kindly let me know.
    I will also post the detailed invoice once I have it as I have been given an estimate of 15-16K INR, which I personally feel is very high. For my Vento which has done 1L Kms, the last service was done at 90K Kms and still I was charged 13K inclusive of Labor, Materials & Taxes.
    Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs !
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    15-16K INR for 30K service sounds high. Mine, was about 7K odd. Do they count labour also?
  3. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Mine was around 9000 INR inclusive of changing of all fluids.
  4. Arun AC

Arun AC Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The estimate given goes as below.,
    1. 3rd General Free Service - 250 INR
    2. Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, A/C Filter - 5800 INR
    3. Wheel Alignment & Wheel Balancing - 1100 INR
    4. A/C Cleaning - 700 INR
    5. Silencer Coating - 850 INR
    6. Disc Pads - 3000 + 550 (Labour)

Overall Estimate given - 12250 + Taxes. Not sure if he quoted the above price inclusive of Labour.

Forgot to add.. Another 3500 for Disc change which totals upto 15750 INR
  5. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Please do not go for silencer coating and AC cleaning .. they are optional.

I think you can go ahead with just the pads, if there was no severe bumps on the rotor. Also , the Rotor could be resurfaced once at lathe. But FASS would not do it.
  6. Arun AC

Arun AC Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot Sujit !
    Unfortunately, I wasn't aware that they were optional. I believe they would have done it already and would have charged for it by now.
    Its better to keep us informed on the optional services provided to help us chose what we really need rather keeping us in the dark.
    Thankfully, I told him not to change the discs as the rotor seemed fine.