1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership Review: Punto Evo Active

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sam812, Oct 6, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @sam812

If dissatisfied or wary of Tuli Motors' ASS, don't fret one bit. Routine servicing is a once a year or 15000 km thing, you can always take the car further out a bit to say Kashyap Okhla, or DRS Gurgaon or Faridabad, if not Torque Motors Gurgaon. Kashyap and especially DRS are good enough even for more difficult, delicate or tricky repair work, from my experience.

But yes, it is true that Delhi NCR's Fiat dealers, other than these two, are nowhere near the standards and consistency in Pune or Bangalore or Chennai. Though I find that Torque (Gurgaon)+ Thrust Motors (same owner) have been improving somewhat.

cheers, enjoy, can I reccommend a late night road trip to a dhaba say in Gurgaon on NH8 to stretch the car's limbs, and to discover its special character/feel?
  2. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    Thanks surely will try
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 6, 2014 ---
    The MID shows the mileage in l/100km. Im not able to change it to km/l. I think there is no option on active. Please reply if someone knows a way.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    Yes I've tried this way. But it just has distance option that too no word "distance" is mentioned its in "units" that i have km or mi options.
    Also there is no option for service intervals.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Are you aware of +/- button near Menu button on the right side of the panel. Once pressing Menu button, you need to press +/- for going either side of the list. Multiple pressing will result in desire option as it goes on changing the option. To enter that selection press menu again and to exit esc.

Try this with patience you will definitely find all the available options.

Congratulations for the ride. Evo is treat to eyes..
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. sam812

sam812 Novizio

delhi
    Can anyone suggest places in delhi for good reliable sound system dealer? I would like to avoid wire cutting.
  7. confusedintelligence

confusedintelligence Timido

Lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @sam812, you shouldn't just avoid wire cutting you should strictly stay away from it. Don't worry no cutting is needed as it's a coupler to coupler fitting. For shops others may help. Please decide on which system u want. Also make sure you get it done properly as the 2din space is kindda weird in the car. After I got my system placed an ugly space is left between the head unit and d dash. I have got it covered with a black tape :(. If someone knows how to get rid of it plz suggest. Are some frames available???

DSC_0087.jpg
  8. praveen43all

praveen43all Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @confusedintelligence what happened to the panel which came with car? I got the HU installed, Installer cut the panel and placed it with double sided tape to fill the gap. Its not perfect but its better. Disadvantage is i cannot remove the detachable face of the HU.
    Below is the Pic.

upload_2014-10-10_1-33-54.png
  9. confusedintelligence

confusedintelligence Timido

Lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @praveen43all, yeah that could have been done but it was looking ugly anyways. I thought maybe will try for some aftermarket panels if I get them. But its sad that FIAT is missing out on such basic things. The panel you are talking about had a narrow end which was stupid as no HU wud fit. Cutting and placing is anyways a jugaad thing. No upgrades for fog lights. WTF. Now wats the rubber thing below your HU? And btw congrats, we both sail the same boat now.
  10. praveen43all

praveen43all Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @confusedintelligence Will let you know if i get any update regarding the Fog Lights. It is very much needed as most of my road starts at night. Am not able to make out what rubber thing you are pointing out. If you can mark the location in picture will be helpful to check and let you know. Thanks and Congrats. :)