1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership review of my Red Sport machine-Vignesh Vik

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vigneshrace, Jul 22, 2014.

1. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,

I came to tirunelveli yesterday from chennai(650 Kms).
    I got a mileage of only 13kmpl!
    I felt awesome during this trip as i was doing cornering even at 130/140 and still i am very confident on the road!
    I touched a top speed of 172 kmph but i was expecting my 90HP punto to cross 180.

what maybe the reason that car is not crossing beyond 170?

Any ideas?

Actually i am loving my car more and more on every rides as i am the only one dominating the highways for 6 continuous hours!

happy moments bdf48e2c67e6b3907c779b054edf11f6.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @vigneshrace, though you have RACE in your title, from my 22 years of driving experience, I advise you not to drive at such high speeds. In Punto one is more prone to these speeds than in Linea. This is OK for some test drives. I have only sometimes crossed 120 km/h with my Linea MJD, but many of the forum members will agree with my words and may have their own experiences with such speeds. Please drive safely!
    vigneshrace likes this.
  3. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks @Ravi_M
    Definitely i will maintain a decent speed.
    Just because of some curiousity to reach 180 i was driving yesterday!

Generally in highways, i used to maintain only till 130.
  4. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    60000 Kms Service Update:

i have driven around 32K Kms in the last one year.One more week is there for my car to celebrate my 2nd year Happy anniversary.

Coming to the service part, 60K service costed me 36K which made me to worry a lot as i have to spend it from my pocket.

Among this 36K, around 10K was for Alternator bearing lathe works mentioned by SA(bcoz of flood water impact).Rest all for brake pad, disk change additional to major 60K timit kit change.

Now the car is very smooth and silent.Previously before giving the car to service, the sound of the car was very differnent. SA told it was due to water logging in Alternator and so a major work was done.
    Can anyone tell me the exact issue and the background of Alternator bearing issue i faced and paid?

BTW, my car is running on stock Good year duraplus tyres.

Also i paid a premium of 18k for Bumper to bumper insurance without NCB for renewing my Car insurance in Future Generalli.

One more pending issue quoted by SA :Front wheel bearing light misaligned.Due to financial issues, i said i will fix it after running the car for another 5K kms.

Happy Pongal in advance,
  5. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    63 K update:
    Finally remapped my car from wolfmoto and enjoying the peppier torque movement of my car!

Also, updated to new set of shoes for my car with Yoko S drive tyres yesterday...
    Murphy_Fiat, pabhishek and PradeepM like this.
  6. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    71K update:
    It is been 2 and half years of happy motoring from Fiat and i am enjoying each and every km that I am driving.
    After remapping, there are no words to say about the beautiful behaviour of my car.Map 3 rules the road but i gets a mileage of only 11km (Before remap, i got 13) in my city commutation.But no much difference in mileage in highway driving.

Also, new S drive Yoko tyres are very very good in handling and serves their best to me.

Regards
    VIGNESH
    pabhishek, Murphy_Fiat, Vishi and 2 others like this.