1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership review of my Red Sport machine-Vignesh Vik

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vigneshrace, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Vignesh! just went through your entire posting. You are munching some real miles...
    It seems that their is a healthy race for the title of Mr.Mile Muncher between you and @arun_joise, he had done 50 k in 16 months you are very near.
    I think he is also from Nagerkovil or near about, don't tell me you are friends or relatives, anyway nice to see one GP and another Linea travelling the length and breath of our country.....enjoy your drive...
    vigneshrace likes this.
  2. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi,
    Thanks for your encouraging words!
    I just gone through Arun J's thread and found that he is from some part of Nagercoil residing Bangalore!
    He may not be my relative but we all are friends here!

Regarding long trips, i prefers to go home only in my car.
    Also, Long drives are my hobbies which i enjoys in my Red machine!
    prabhjot and Mabams1826 like this.
  3. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi

Just came back after servicing my car at RDC chennai.Serviced at 44465Kms and the cost of the service is 8881(Got Free water wash and 10% discount on labours as i am a member of RDC fans club)

Complaints i had and fixed:1 st gear was very hard and now fixed to Fiat's light movement.

Overall:Ok with this service!

I assume 60K service will not be pocket friendly a16f7545782e1b92b2f9b242c940573f.jpg 58b6d3b971eb7a56db44304505c98641.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  4. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi All,

I just completed 50 K KMs in my Red Machine and i am entirely happy with its Performance.

Completed this milestone at exactly 20 months.

Cheers to Fiat 2d5d5ff1a2b2698e72b2fbc6c78e1680.jpg
  5. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all,

Everyone are aware of water flow in chennai!

But yesterday(01/12) while coming back from office, my car almost sink till window near guindy,Chennai. Somehow i managed and returned home.But water entered inside the car and also the amplifier got fully washed with this water and so sub-woofer is not working.I assume the amplifier needs to be changed(Haven't looked upon much as it is raining continuously)

I am very happy that Punto came out of that much huge water where Figo's,City and Tata Ace Magic are strucked in water.

My queries are below:
    1.How to remove the water wetness from the cabin?Will it affect any other things related to the car?
    2.Wet smell may come from the next day!How to overcome that?
    3.Subwoofer main connection is taken from Battery but now amplifier got short circuited(Got washed in water an stopped working) in water.Do i need to follow any safety precaution?

Currently, car is parked safely in heavy rain
    Raaz likes this.
  6. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    First of all, Sorry. But, good to know your car pulled you out of the dangerous situation. However, after you got normal situation in Chennai, please check with a mechanic whether any water entered in any vital parts of engine bay, which may avoid any future problems. Until that, please don't start the car as a safe measure.

Regarding removing water wetness, perhaps a dryer may helps.
  7. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Raaz,

Thanks for the info.

Actually My car dont have any issue in the engine bay.The next day after the incident, i travelled from chennai to nagercoil via krishnagiri(Around 850Kms).This shows that there is no issue.However, i checked my car with a local mechanic and removed all the floor mats from the car.While removing we found a very very bad smell from the under mat area and finally removed all the sponges were removed.Around 5-8 litres of water are removed from the sponge.Now i am waiting for sun to dry all my sponges(Damping material kept below the mat).

Once everything gets dried, we will refit all the removed assembly.

Also, I gave the car amplifier for repair.
    Raaz likes this.
  8. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Nice to know that @vigneshrace.

Hope the sun will take care of everything in the coming days. :)
    vigneshrace likes this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @vigneshrace - Good to know that you and your car is out of danger. I would advise to just avoid driving in water logged areas till the level recedes, because anytime in future, if car is is switched off in logged roads, you will be in trouble.

Stay Safe :)
    vigneshrace likes this.
  10. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    I completely drained the water from the damping material below the mat and fitted it back.
    Now, starting back to chennai.
    262ab3bd0bfd0484f7de16c557ef4ff2.jpg
    Raaz and rohitsharma like this.