1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership review of my Red Sport machine-Vignesh Vik

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vigneshrace, Jul 22, 2014.

1. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi all,

I have completed 15 k Kms in 6 months.My 2 nd free service was just over yesterday.

My Punto Observations:

Smooth
    Silent
    Powerful
    Stable in 3 digit speeds
    Lag in 2 nd gear Pull
    Mileage dip in high speeds to 14 or less
    Avg mileage in city-15
    Avg mileage in highway-18/19
    Turning radius is less
    Super Style

PFB my 2nd service invoice.I am charged with 5653.Is this normal in 2nd free service at 15k?

y6yma8az.jpg

My overall experience with Punto:Very Happy
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  2. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    After my service on monday, i took my car today with full tank of fuel.After travelling for 15 kms, diesel started to leak from the bonnette.I directly took the car to RDC service centre for fixing the issue.Now within this 15 mins interval, full tank diesel got drained.SA from RDC said, the turbo valve got leaked and they fixed it within a minute!

But now, my full tank diesel gone!

Highly irritated with RDC chennai service centre!!

Mods please remove "Happy" from the title!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats very unfortunate! :( . Did Fass people gave any reason about how it started to leak soon just after servicing? or was it due to their negligence?
  5. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    They dint mentioned any reasons.I am sure it happened due to their negligence.

6. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Nowadays visiting service center is more like INVITING TROUBLES rather than FIXING :eek:
    2 people like this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Don't know about the happy moments but we are highlighting only unhappy moments only. Its a sad part :(
  8. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I can understand what you are saying, it's always good to take happy moments.

But after visiting multiple brand Authorized Service Centers for the past 14 years, I feel like, if they deliver the serviced vehicle without new scratches/dents/repairs then that's a blessing for most of us.

Here, in this situation, if the issue is caused by ASC negligence, then no words to say, am just thinking of the mental agony (along with tankful of diesel wastage) our friend undergone.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  9. car_champ

car_champ Timido

Pune
    Dear Vigneshrace, sad to hear about the issue faced by you. Definately its negligence of service center executives. I got my sportz first service done @5K yesterday, some usual checks as per the fiat checklist, wheel alignment and wash. All was done perfrectly in not much time @Pandit Auto Pune. Bill was '0' as consumables were required.

However as per the detals in your bill, does the fuel filter requires change at 15K? Do check and if it is done for any specific reason then I beleive they must have discussed it with you. Do log a complaint with Fiat on the leakage issue and the loss you had to incurr due to it.

Fiat really needs to focus on good quality service centers and with trained professionals.

Take care.
  10. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Car champ,

Even my 1st free service was done perfectly with 0 cost.

Also, i dont have any specific issue with fuel filter!
    -Does it actually need to change at 15k service?