1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership review of my RED HOT Punto Evo 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Arun Bhat, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Arun Bhat

Arun Bhat Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    How I decided to buy punto evo 90 HP:

Selecting your first car when so many options available in market can be difficult.:bear: But I had only two options, polo and punto (considering build quality and safety norms and my budget).
    I did not opt for polo because of low ground clearance compared to punto (it mattered to me since way to my native is complete off-roading) , suspension quality (punto is way better as
    I found out while test-driving both cars) ,inconsistent service reviews, looks (even though it looks very good, it looks small compared to punto ) and pricing (punto had
    70k discount during that time while polo had none). Couple of my friends (and @Deepak is one of them) also influenced me and after reading many reviews here decided to book punto evo 90 HP red. :):headphone:

Day of delivery experience:

Did PDI 3-4 days before delivery near stock yard in Hebbal and I took delivery from ADYA motors Hebbal,Bangalore. Vehicle was delivered on time. On the day of delivery filled some documents and completed some formalities.
    Service executive Saleem (very nice guy,down to earth and honest) explained all features inside the car and also showed components inside bonnet and boot. He handed over the keys after that. I was soooo happy to see MY FIRST CAR.:singing::):happy::joyful:

f6ebc1a9-d726-4bd9-b5dd-f9d2da207ac1.jpg
    This was during PDI in stock-yard

And this was on the day of delivery :). Brand new punto 90HP RED :kiss:

After few days guy from FIAT visited my place and explained features and do's and dont's once again. He cleared all my doubts. It was nice and re-assuring gesture from FIAT which I liked.

Driving Experience:
    I have completed 8000 odd kms so far in 5 months and everytime I drive this car it brings joy. Most of my drive is on highways and village side curvy roads.
    You feel you are in complete control and safe inside car. Driving on curvy roads at some speed in village side is so good, i can't desribe how good it feels.:happy::wideyed::cigar:
    Steering is hard and awesome, It does not wobble at high speeds in highways. Best part is its suspension, you can go really fast on any uneven surface or zip through on village side mud road and you feel nothing inside the cabin. Anyone who sits in punto and other car can tell the difference easily (many have already told me).

0c96745f-4bd9-412b-a97e-edebc569f55d.jpg
    This was during my marriage, me and my bride :) :p

Tyres are little noisy but grip is superior. Infamous left pull does exist and not much of an issue considering rest of positive things it offers. Even SA in FASS told left pull is insignificant for any wheel balancing kind of stuff.

774e968e-405b-4c10-a04f-c46168ebf694.jpg
    One of those off-roading ...

All black interior in 90hp version is beautiful and eye catchy. And I have to mention in-built sound system is top notch. People keep on asking me whether I installed extra woofers after purchasing the car. Blue and Me infotainment system is interactive,little difficult to set-up (blue tooth and voice commands), but once set up is done easy to use. Car gives 21 kmpl on highways with AC off, 19.5 kmpl with AC on.is giving 16-17 kmpl with less traffic, and has given as low as 10 in bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore.

69e9efa9-dfdf-4334-a936-d97eac698ecf.jpg
    One of many highway drives...

If I have to mention negative stuffs, door knob can pinch you real hard (happened 3-4 of times), lack of space to keep water bottle, mobile and other stuff, lack of power in lower gears when you drive with AC on. But once you sit inside and start driving the car, you forget all of them and start smiling. I am very pleased and happy to have made right choice to buy this car. :)

Service Experience:
    First service was done at 5k kms at ADYA motors, changed engine oil (even though its not recommended). Staff at service centre were polite and service was neatly done. Cost was around 2500 rupees. Car became smoother after first service. First service was more of a routine check-up, no major things to be done.

So far have not observed any issues with my car except left pull. Hoping for many more happy miles to come. cheers :shame:

e131f14f-ade4-4d2d-91e1-9fa3b51f70d9.jpg

cc60ce29-6f88-4456-a8d7-cfc22f810cd8.jpg

2766ac0a-78a4-4e7e-bc4d-228d2fae58e2.jpg

7b8fc5e0-be08-4d43-9782-2468d8e2568e.jpg

0c96745f-4bd9-412b-a97e-edebc569f55d.jpg

69e9efa9-dfdf-4334-a936-d97eac698ecf.jpg

774e968e-405b-4c10-a04f-c46168ebf694.jpg

2766ac0a-78a4-4e7e-bc4d-228d2fae58e2.jpg

cc60ce29-6f88-4456-a8d7-cfc22f810cd8.jpg

e131f14f-ade4-4d2d-91e1-9fa3b51f70d9.jpg
    Ravi_M, prabhjot, pdash and 11 others like this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Arun Bhat : Finally my buddy's review is Up on TFI. Congrats on owning the hottest hatch! Happy motoring!
    Arun Bhat likes this.
  3. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Arun Bhat Many Congratulations :) Your Evo looks amazing in Red..Wish you many happy kms and safe driving :)
    Arun Bhat likes this.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats For The Red Hot Evo Bro!
    Warm Welcome to the Fiat Family :)
    Arun Bhat likes this.
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats Bhatre.. for Choosing a Hot hatch going around. Many Happy miles ahead. Happy married life as well.
    Arun Bhat likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Arun Bhat ,Congrats on your red beast. I was also on the same boat a year back, when I had shortlisted only 2 cars: Punto and Polo but then decided for Punto.
    Arun Bhat and Deepak like this.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Arun Bhat ! One more 90 in forum.

FIAT in Red is an awesome combination ! :)

Happy Miles.
    Arun Bhat and rkperumala1 like this.
  8. rkperumala1

rkperumala1 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Happy Miles Ahead

Cheers

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
    Arun Bhat likes this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Arun Bhat Congrats on owning a red beast and hats off to @Deepak for taking care of his friend in purchasing right one. I don't know how I missed this thread !
    Deepak likes this.
  10. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @Arun Bhat. Welcome to Fiat family. The way you have composed your review shows how much you love your car. I too have the same impression with my Avventura.

Looking forward for more reviews and travelogues from your side.

Happy Motoring.