1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership review of my Beutiful Beast 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by BIPLAB DUTTA, May 1, 2016.

1. Vaishakh

Vaishakh Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    That's Fantastic Buddy...I feel my punto also has the same Ac issue as yours though I have not checked it with the temperature gauge. During hot sunny days the ac chill is not good at the back row, even after setting it to full auto mode. Its just 5 months now I have been driving my Punto, looks like even I need to get my Ac gas checked by Fass
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2016
  2. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,
    I am thinking for changning my stock speakers.
    I have got a quotation from Car Cupid as below :
    Damping material 3000/sheet -> 9000
    ISN 165 focal universal... 25000 (MRP)
    extra rings and others 500
    Total : 34000 -> after discound and adjustment (21%) it comes down to 27,500

With ISS 165 in place of ISN 165 it will come down to 17,000 as the speaker cost is 10,000.

I checked in Amazon.in ISS 165 is a with 6,700 but ISN is 23K.

Yet to check with Carax and bhandari auto in Shivaji nagar.

I will be able to listen to ISN 165 focal universal, as Sumit owner of Car cupid is using it in his own car and promised me that he will bring his car tomorrow.

Any suggestion please.
  3. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    [​IMG] Hi,
    I have two updates regarding my car
    1) Mileage : I have calculated milage by full tank method. It is coming as 19.3.
    I have once gone to Bhimashankar which is 110 KM from Pune and other than that it is everyday office going traffic which is around 24 KM avg. per day distance. My MID is showing 7.2L/100 KM. I am very Happy :)..

2) Regarding the speaker update:
    I got a quote in Bhandari Auto and it was same as CARAX. Thus I make it done in CARAX.
    Below is the details :
    Existing System had 6.5 inch speaker in front door and 5.5 inch speaker in back door. Front door is component speaker and back door is a coaxial speaker. The company name is "Mopar" which in net I see may be from Kicker (made in china).
    Sound was good definitely but I wanted a crystal clear sound (like my bose soundlink mini :) ) which I always felt something is missing.
    In volume more than 16 I felt in USB the sound is breaking also sometime.

Thus, solution I felt is either change all four door speaker at once from Focal with similar kind of setup, front component and back coaxial with same size or change all speaker to component speaker as back door also has a place for component speaker.

Two component speakers was in my radar ISN 165 and ISS 165.
    I gone for the better one that is ISN 165 (ISS 165 is also good as per feed back from Carax and Car cupid) which costed me around 17K for the front. Carax person suggested me don't change the back speaker at onc. Get the dampening for all four door and change the front speakers and check if satisfied. If I felt more change required may be I should get the component speaker of focal for back.

So,
    4 door dampening using 3 Mojo Dampening sheet(cost 6K).
    ISN 165 speaker (17K)
    Total bill paid around 23K. No amplified required for this speakers.

Sound now superb....no breaking not at all.....I don't feel requirement of changing back speaker soon. Below is some pictures :
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 15, 2016 ---
    speaker setup pictures
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @BIPLAB DUTTA Nice mileage you've got there. Dampening an already heavy door of Fiat's will further increase the weight. But it is good considering your ears. BTW what did you do with stock component speakers? Exchanged it for discounted price?
  5. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,
    The speakers are not exchanged as Carax or car cupid both were not ready to exchange.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats for 90 HP.

But the dealer SKY is not good. I experiencd bad service in Aug.2014. Dealer has recruited almost ladies staff. Those ladies are idiots they have no technical knowledge. CRM is also lady who is speaks in so mich artificial manner like a robot. Because of lady staff customer can not express his anger about any bad service.

Fiat dealers are looting customers by charging Rs.300 to 1000/- in the name of diagnostic tool (Ecu examiner) charges even cars are under warrantee. SKY moto had charged me Rs.400/- for scanning ecu even my car was under warrantee

In addition to that you have mentioned that you didn't get tax the receipt.
    Means dealer used your money for 2 weeks. He didn't paid amount of road OTT to RTO authority. In fact that RTO officer is also in guilty who registered your car without collecting road tax amount in govt treasury
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
    BIPLAB DUTTA likes this.
  7. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    I was thinking for the DRL and found below link from net which is looking interesting:
    http://www.autoglam.in/projector-headlights/fiat
    But this is looking costly too :(.
    Anyone in Pune got DRL in Punto Evo and any technician known who can work for electrical parts.
    I have found some information about good technician for fiat in Pune from the below url:
    http://www.myfiatworld.com/archive/index.php?t-77.html

Most probably it is known to everyone but still I am sharing it.

I have already called Mr. Vitthal (as he is near to Pashan, my home) and he told me that he don't work with accessories but more in servicing and all.

I will call once to Mr. Sharad and update the details.

Regards,
    Biplab
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 25, 2016 ---
    Hi,
    Really sorry for late reply. :)
    You are correct.
    But now though there are still the group of girls employee, they have terminated many of them and I can see a lot of new faces.
    I have taken my car to them for multiple time and also they have updated the ECU but, they have never charged me for that.
    I had got the tax receipt after two week and the date was previous date.

One information may be helpful for everyone in Pune RTO (MH12), we are getting paper registration book rather than smart card.

Another problem (SKY Fiat may looks like problematic place :) now to all ) I faced is, When I received the RTO book I was shocked to see that in RTO book also they mentioned my father name as my middle name. But, next day I reached to Sky Fiat with the registration book and in two weeks they made it rectified from RTO (a cross sign in registration book with RTO stamp :( ).
    I confirmed from my agent in RTO and he informed me that the rectification they have donPune is correct. He also told me the smart card is available in Pune RTO he will let me know and he will get me the smart card.

Regards,
    Biplab
    Pictures of speaker updates. It was missing in my previous post due to image size.
    Picture 1:
    Sorry not able to upload the picture. It is posting the sentences but pictures are not getting added :(
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  8. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    I don't know whether my thread is right place to inform you all or not but I am not sure if I can put this information anywhere else.
    I got call from Sky Moto Fiat Pune today regarding the software update. They told that Fiat has made some software update for ECU and they called me tomorrow to get it updated.
    My Punto Evo has manufacturing date as Feb, 2016 .

Does anybody else got this call for new Punto Evo (may be before powerTech...)

I asked the person regarding the software update and she told it is to control smoke as according to them Punto Evo is throwing comparable smoke and this update is regarding this.

Regards,
    Biplab
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes your dealer is right. Many 90HP engines have got a call.
    Many of TFI 90 HP owners have got call for ECU update. To tag a few self, @carl_jhonson @PradeepM . I've not done yet. Once attempted at ASC workshop but due to some laptop / wifi reasons couldn't do.
    carl_jhonson and BIPLAB DUTTA like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    To add: This emission related ECU update is mostly for the cars manufatured in late 2015-mid 2016. So, @BIPLAB DUTTA get it done. I also visited the Sky Moto workshop yesterday for the 3rd servicing and that update wasnt applicable for my 90 HP. Mine is March-15 manufactured.
    BIPLAB DUTTA and KPR like this.