1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership review of my Beutiful Beast 90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by BIPLAB DUTTA, May 1, 2016.

1. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    Thanks a lot for you suggestion.
    Car Cupid has a dent & Paint center. I am planning to take estimate from there.

@Turbothinghy, Seat covers cost me 8k from Car Cupid, Pashan.
    I have first tried for AutoFoam from them but then, they shown me the quality of there own product (that I am using) and AutoFoam one. I liked there one and gone for it.
    AutoFoam seat covers cost depeding on the design. But in Car Cupid doesnt charge according to the design, but material wise they have diffenrent charges.
    PradeepM and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    After a long time I am writing back to the forum.
    I have done the first servicing 5/Aug/2016 with KM 3700. Current KM reading is 4210 till today :). I have done the servicing at Sky Moto Fiat at Akrudi. Some finding after first service as below :
    I had reported them about little jerky feeling when changing gear from 1st to 2nd and then 2nd to 3rd. They updated the software but that not helped that much. But problem I feel was the issue with my driving style :). If I change the Gear a little slow, due to the RPM go down low it jerks. I found two way to short out the issue.
    a) A little tap on A peddle when leaving the clutch and the car is very smooth.
    b) quick shift of gear leaver. Currently it is little hard but with KM going it is getting easy I feel.
    I am going the second way :).

Now the other issues that are still exists and I required your comments and suggestions:

1) Service center has performed a wheel balancing which I am not too happy. I see after in highway if you leave the steering after some time (around after 3 polls in road) the car is going towards left. I reported them and as well as complained in Fiat site and they told it is not an issue as according to Fiat standard, we should test it only for 150 meters or so. thus, it is correct.

2) They have insisted me not to change the oil though I told them to change.

3) I am not feeling good about my AC. It is good in front seat but not great or chilling. Back seat it is not good I feel. I have kept a temparature guege at back seat and found if I Keep my AC in 16 degree full auto the temparature at back seat is 21 to 19 Only that is also in morining.

when I keep my hand near the AC vent on dash it is throwing cool air but at back seat not that great air flow at least not in same speed as front vent.

Please tell me if it is correct. I always read that AC in Punto is chilling but it is not so for me.

4) Most important, I feel a little (very little) vibration on pedals(break and accelarator). Also I feel a little vibration on steering wheel also visible when on Idle on traffic and lookig at the Fiat symbol on Steering. If I touch the dash, I feel a little vibration but nothing visible at dash.

My sales person told me to see other new cars also to switch on and check and not to leave the service center people :).

Tomorrow I have booked again for the service center. Please help me with known issue are possibilities to fix it.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @BIPLAB DUTTA :
    1) they are right about left pull, you should drive at constant speed (around 80kmph, with constant throttle). if you leave the steering and car goes straight for 70-100 meters, there is no left pull. Worry about left pull, only if you get shoulder pain.
    4) AC is on at this time? Try turning off the AC to see any difference. I feel no need to worry here.
    BIPLAB DUTTA likes this.
  4. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Deepak,
    Thanks for your response.
    for the 4th point,
    I will check this as service center will give me the car back tomorrow.
    They are looking into the AC cooling issue :)

Today, when I given them the car for AC issue then shown me other Puntos and I see all has the same issue. They told me Diesel car will be having mild vibration.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @BIPLAB DUTTA

These are not issues at all. The rearseat vent air temp is bound to be higher than in the front since the cold air travels that much more through its ducting to the rear. etc.

Chill, enjoy!
  6. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Prabhjot,
    Thank you for reply.
    But, If I keep the AC in 16 with Full Auto Mode in back seat the temperature is showing as 21 - 23 range.
    Is this normal in Punto. If it is normal then, Punto don't have a chilled AC anyway..:)
    Please let me know...
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Set the temp lower, the blower at top speed, after airing the hot cabin first. Get the desired rear cooling done faster, then switch back to whatever steady temperature you like.

I don't see the need for the above procedure, but everyone has different subjective perceptions of 'how cool it is' and 'how quickly'. If you or yours feel it could cool more and faster, please follow the above?

The Punto/Linea a/c is fine. And if the mechs say your car's cooling normally, then.....

cheers man
  8. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    I got the car back today around 12:30 PM. Sky Moto Fiat delivered the car to my office.
    Till now I feel the news is good :). But final result I will update tomorrow in.

I see in there billed/reciept (0 amount :) ), they mentioned worked on Break Pedal vibration and AC cooling issue.
    Mr. Javed, who is supervisor in Sky Fiat told me then clean all the pipes/duct area also gas was less so they refilled it.
    First impression :
    Vibration in Steering is almost not there.
    No Vibration now in break.
    AC, is cooling quickly I feel and better :).
    I see the change is car also it is more smoot and less sound... hurraaahhhh....:)

Final result on AC, I can say tomorrow morning when I will drive to office as temparature will be higher than the evening time. And also I will place the temparature guage at back seat.

But I am happy now :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 31, 2016 ---
    Hi,
    Anyone in Pune can tell me if I can add the arm rest and where can I get it fit for Punto Evo. In Sky moto fiat they are not sure if it is possible to get Linea arm rest to punto evo. Different people there has diff. opinion.
    One mechanic in sky fiat, told me it will cost around 11K to fit Linea arm rest to Punto evo. But supervisors are saying not possible....
    I dont want to make any screw hole to attach it in back AC vent....
    Please suggest......I know there is a discussion in forum on this, but not sure if it could be done in Pune and where in Pune.
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot and gpunto75 like this.
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Following. I need one OEM Linea arm rest too.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. BIPLAB DUTTA

BIPLAB DUTTA Novizio

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,
    The AC issue is resolved and my car is more cool inside now :).
    Vibration on break pedal is gone now.

I am happy. :).
    linea4me likes this.