1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership review of linea tjet+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by mat46, Nov 12, 2010.

1. mat46

I own a fiat siena TD60,which I have been using for the last 7years or so. It still drives fine ,no complaints.

Anyway, it was time for a new car,and did a TD of Vento petrol with my associate who was also looking to buy a new car.The ride quality was very good in the vento, but lacked the power & thrust that I was looking for. Also, was put off by the boxy hump in the rear middle, which their rep explained housed the catalytic converter. This effectively limits rear seat to hold on 2 occupants. The rep also said that the vento was primarily a japanese design, not sure how japan comes into it. We also asked them for their parts list with the pricing, this was not made available.In any case neither of us were satisfied with the vento petrol.

Next day, linea Tjet was launched, and we took a TD on saturday 9th. Oct,We drove over the western express highway as also the service roads with pot holes and heavy traffic of autos, minivans etc. We both were satisfied with the TD of Tjet+.

We both placed orders for the Tjet+ within a few days, my associate chose Tuscan Wine ( a Stunning colour), I chose fox Trot Azure, though it looked classy & elegant.

I recieved my Linea Tjet+ on 31st. Oct 2010, from Wassan Motors, chembur,Mumbai.It was Ready on 30th. Oct.as promised by them, but I was not available that day.

Drove around Mumbai till 3rd. nov ’10. Its very drivable in the city traffic, it can crawl effortlessly,and accelerate whenever you want to take advantage of breaks in traffic, and its very smooth. Since I stay in Colaba when in mumbai and my office is in Andheri, you can speed down marine drive and the sea link and crawl from Bandra to andheri in very heavy traffic.
    Did about 251 kms of city driving, and when topped up before driving to Kochi,the consumption showed 20 ltrs., roughly 12 kms/ltr in city with AC on most of the time.

3rd. Nov. drove to Hubli via. expressway & NH4, could touch 145 kmph on expressway, rock steady, and I was not really pushing it since it was new.
    On the NH4, it effortlessly drove between 100 kmph -135 kmph most of the time, not many vehicles could keep up with it over 130 kmph mark, couple of fiestas did keep up, up to a point. It was enjoyable especially to see the shock and awe on the occupants of the cars we are effortlessly passing by. I dont think they were expecting this performance from the linea.The roads were good but has too many toll booths.

4th. nov., Drove from hubli to Ankola on HW 63, good road. At Ankola turned to NH 17, and from Bhatkal to Udupi it was just craters of various sizes, no tarmac, with only buses, Trucks and minivans for company.
    This is where the extra clearance of the Tjet+ came handy, that we cleared this streach is a tribute to Tjet+. Any body reading this and is familiar with this joke of a highway can pl. confirm.

NH17 streaches till Kochi, from Kasergode to Nileshwar, we encountered a similar bad streach which included ghats( again readers familiar with this streatch pl. comment on this part of the highway)
    We broke the journety at Nileshwar for the night.
    It was very stressfull driving on those roads, but Tjet helped reduce the strain. The Tjet+ is built well, there was no rattles, or any other creaks etc.
    Also, any reader can try taking his sedan over these streaches and give his feedback. Ideally I would advise SUV owners to test their off road capabilites on this streach.

5th. Nov. drove from Nileshwar to Kochi, on far better roads without any hitch.
    The highway driving milage roughly works out to 17.4 km/ltr, this is based on topup figures, it took 88 ltrs of petrol for 1530 kms.

One final comment, It is an absolute delight to drive, there is no fatigue other than the eye strain(that has nothing to do with the car), and the brakes give you the confidence to zip.

A lot has been said about the rear space in the linea, visually it looks a bit less, but I am 6ft. tall , my sons who sit at the back are 6ft. 2ins &
    5 ft. 11ins respectively and they are comfortable behind.

Also before I left mumbai, the Wassan rep. came to the office with a personal letter from the CEO of fiat and an appropriate gift from Fiat.
    Not sure whether other car companies treat the customers of their premium car , with such thoughtfullness.

I hope this will help readers to get a better understanding of the car and its performance.

Thank You.
  2. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Congrats mat. You own the best FIAT in India! Please do post pictures of your JET. ::T

Very happy to know that your Jet could drive in the road/pot holes without any issues!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulation, T-jet owners count is increasing pretty fast ( add yourself here - viewtopic.php?f=47&t=994)

Wow, see the figure. It will make other diesel engines to shame.

Because you guys are special for Fiat. ::D
  4. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

congrats mat....TJET+ will deliver more mileage as it ages ... just be a little carefully till some 3K-5Kms... no hard revving thats it....
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Congrats on your T-Jet!! :clap
    I am already envious :mrgreen:
  6. Congrats Mat. Proud owner of the most beautiful car on Indian roads. :clap

(its raining Tjets in TFI whereas the other popular so-called auto forums have none :thumbs down )
  7. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Congrats Mat. I also checked Vento and observed only two people could seat at the rear. Booked T Jet and waiting for delivery now
  8. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Congrats Mat!!

upload some pics. They are equivallent to sweets on online forums ::D
  9. Excellent review Mat...I too drove it on a smooth highway with high music and was passing all other vehicles in a blink
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    congrats. what a combination of beauty and beast