1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership Log: T-Jet +

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by shikhar10882, Sep 1, 2012.

1. One thing fiat needs to really work upon is the availability of spare parts at the workshops. The speed of getting them available needs to be improved many folds of they are against the idea of adequately stocking them at their service centers.
    Observed this in case of J. Ravi sir, who had to wait for sometime before the components to be replaced were endured in the stock of the service center.
    Some of the lesser ordered parts take even longer. Example: my own case, where, while getting the body work done last October, the body shop somehow succeeded in loosing my T-Jet branded formats. Shall upload the pictures today evening. Had been 9 months, and they have not been able to arrange alternate.
    By the way. .. this goes to other jet owners. .. beside the front two and three boot, are the rear mats also t-jet branded? Mine came with normal ones in rear.
    I am still hoping that they will be able to arrange.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  2. This is the branding on foot mats I was mentioning in the previous post.
    Called the ASS today and, as always, have been provided with a future date. ..
    The hope survives :)

3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    The new T-Jet comes with normal linea mats , i wanted the T-Jet branded one's as well and the SA told me that they are not coming right now - not sure if they will come at all . If nothing else i would like the boot mat.

4. Exactly the reason why I fear of I will ever get my branded mats.
    Shall keep you informed if I happen to be lucky and get a set...
    Would you like me to order a set for you too the next time I am at the ASS?

5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Well i hope we do manage to get them. Thank you so much and would love to take you up on the offer - but let me do something before that to help both of us and write to someone in Fiat to see what the status is to begin with and then basis that we can order from either of our contacts - whoever can confirm faster delivery... sound ok?

6. I am totally up for it...
    Only thing..
    There have been cases in the forum where the issue has been taken to fiat through contacts provided in the forum, but most of them were escalation of problem, which was not being rectified / over-costing..
    check out..

Just for asking whether they have the branded mats.. who might be the right person??

Senior members.. please help!
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    No one special , i will write to customer care itself , the only difference being that they are hyper responsive when it comes to me owing to all the screaming and fuss i made last time at higher levels within the company. Fingers crossed.

8. Am with you. .. and in the meanwhile I shall drop a mail to cc as well. .. will share the response I get.
    Please share the address to mail to. ..
    And also let me know if you'd like me to do something else besides this mail to customer care!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  9. Update: sent a mail to service.india@fiat.com

Had to send an independent mail, as the ASS, is not appearing in their drop-down list anymore.

Waiting for reply, with fingers crossed!
  10. Some people call it niggles with fiat, I have learnt to love her like an attention seeker...
    And those niggles fall as her attention seeking behavior... the way to make you think about her all the time.
    Imagine how would you like a girlfriend who doesn't have any nakhraas, roothna, manana and all...

Ok.. jokes apart. .. this time it was about the flip keys. And I am posting this so if there are any other facing similar issues, this one may come in handy.

The lock button was not traveling the way it should be while opening the keys, causing a problem in opening the flip key. Most of the time it took more than 10 attempts to open it.

The remedy was arrived at from the video shared in one of the threads to repair the flip keys.

To cut the long short, basically the spring in the push button is twisted. So each time the button is pushed the spring is compressed with a little twist.
    The remedy is. .. after removing the battery -
    1. spray it with compressed air. .
    2. Put very. . AS IN VEERRRYYY small drop of mustard oil in that button
    3. Press the button multiple times.. You will see dirt etc coming out...
    4. Clean it with a cloth
    Reinstall the battery...
    TA DA...
    this worked for me!

4 people like this.