1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership Log: T-Jet +

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by shikhar10882, Sep 1, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

In that case, take some water in a spray bottle - any empty car cleaning solution bottle should do fine - and spray a fine mist of water, the finer you are able to manage, the better. Then switch on the defogger and you will know if all the elements are working.

Hope this helps.

2. Shall try that tomorrow evening, first thing I come back from office...
    Thanks @Rajan Sir..
    A set of picture shall be uploaded for your review.. as I am not very sure how much of drying through heater will be allowed by the Hot Weather with ambient temperature hovering around 38 degree C at 6:30pm, but surely is worth a shot!!!
  3. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Dear Shikhar,
    CONGRATULATIONS ON POSSESSING THE Jet. But it is sad to know about the happenings especially the breaking of the rear wind shield in mysterious way.
    But I know the reason for this kind of glass breakage is when the car was left locked air-tight in the sun, even the dash board air-vents(meant for fan and AC air supply) are not left open(by mistake). The air inside the car-cabin expands due to outside high temperature and exerts pressure on the inside walls as a result the glass breaks with a blast.
    The same condition was once experienced by my friend with his santro that is why I'm sure about the reason.
    Any way, take care of this car, it is a blessing while driving and sits like any grand car like Audi or BMW...!
  4. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Hi Shikhar,

Sorry for the delayed response. My TJet+ has a black insulation boot roof with FIAT embossed on it. My car was made in Feb 2013. Please check with others of your vintage; I suspect yours also had it.

5. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Yes, this is there, 280320124369.jpg
  6. Thanks @SA Shah..
    I have also seen and come across opinions that such breakages are due to air expansion, as I had mentioned in the first post about the glass breakage. However, In all those cases, two facts were different from my case - (1) The air pressure normally generated a crack on the windshield (front or rear) and that is where is stopped. (2) The only other case I came across was on a Wagon R, but in that case, the burst had caused more glass pieces to fly outward than falling inward. Yes, the angle of glass installed on a Wagon R is different from that on our Jets, and that could also play a vital role in where the glass pieces went.
    In lack of a better reason, I am going to stick with this possibility only that this was caused due to air expansion in the cabin which somehow could not find a better path of exit than breaking the glass.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks @abk1980

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks again @S A Shah...
    This one sits there in my jet...
    However, the area I was talking about was... from the point this movable roof ends to the point the back seat starts in the boot...
    I mean, when you leave the lid open, the rest of the boot roof of the car if the area is what I was concerned about...
    If you can please check that too!!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

This is to update you on the concern..
    I could not get to test the defogger.
    The results of different trials were as under:
    (1) The fine layer of mist evaporated too quickly to say anything about the functioning of the defogger.
    (2) The thicker layer of mist converted to water droplets and rolled down the glass.
    (3) Once, the mist was deposited due to rain, and intentionally, I did not switch on the A/C, but only the defogger, to see if something can be concluded.. again, somehow the glass managed to clear it too quickly to tell me something about the individual functionality of each of the defogger strips...
    Still looking for ways....
  7. Strange issue just cropped up in my car...
    Need advice!!!
    Was driving down to Noida from Ghaziabad 3 days back and suddenly, the car started making sound from rear as if the shockers were running dry!!!
    Parked the car and tried jumping the car from behind.. no sound..
    Thought something might have got stuck..
    But... on the return journey, the sound persisted. Took the car to TASS, they lifted the car, checked everything but could not find anything wrong anywhere.. however they sprayed the lubricants all over the suspension..
    However, the sound is still persistent.
    Some features of the sound are:

1. The sound is similar to shockers giving in. The kind of sound I used to get when the front shockers of my Alto were bad. The sound of pressing spring, or dry shockers, or shocker wall rubbing against something.
    2. The sound is not there when the car is stationary.
    3. The sound does not come even if we try to jolt and jump a stationary car.
    4. The sound starts after 5-10 kms of drive only, and intensity keeps increasing to a certain extant till 15-20 kms... and then the sound decibel is constant.
    5. The sound is very minute, and can be heard only if the the AC fan is running at a low speed and music is not playing.
    6. The road condition does not have any direct bearing on sound, and the sound comes even if the car is left to roll in neutral.

Can I please get some pointers on where to look for the problem?
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Could it be nothing related to the shocks at all? Is the sound constant even on smooth tarmac?

9. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

I am no expert... but from the traits of the sound you have mentioned, I doubt on Bearing or Axle.

Lets see what other TFIans have to say about this... ?

10. @Rajan... Yeh.. the sound is observed even during driving on smooth tarmac... but the sound is not constant, or at a constant interval so as to relate it with the bearings. I suspect that the uneven-ness of surface even of a smooth tarmac could be causing the shocks / spring to work, resulting into sound!!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Bearings I rule out as the sound is not constant or with any with pattern or interval. Also, the sound was not re-generated when the car was lifted and the wheels were spun!!!

The rear, our Fiats have a dead axle, and the thing that can (IMHO) can go wrong with that is the rubber boot that joins the axle with rest of the suspension / chassis. I pointed it out during the testing at TASS, and they said that the boots were fine.