1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership-A Grande Affair

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by miteshpunjani, Sep 6, 2013.

1. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    5000 kms UPDATE.
    The ODO at present now shows 5075.

So far the experience with my GP has been awesome.
    I have done several trips in these last 5 months

01. Vadodara- Zarwani-Junaraaj-Vadodara - 300kms
    02. Vadodara - Mumbai - Vadodara - 1000kms
    03. Vadodara-Ahmedabad-Vadodara - 300 kms
    04. Vadodara-Sardar Sarovar Dam Vadodara- 250kms. and several other short trips

Have planned several more trips this year also.

Modifications Done - Installed the moulded mud flaps from Punto Sport.

Workshop Visits -
    01. Winter Check Up Camp
    02. First Free Check-Up (5000kms) done at 4300 kms
    03. Roof Light issue. Got the same fixed at workshop with Fevikwik.
    04. Roof Light issue again - Now getting the entire light changed under warranty. (Will have to visit again as order has been placed)

Pros:
    01. Design-Definitely a looker.
    02. Excellent Built quality.
    03. Abundunt seating and Boot Space
    04. Stock Music System-Satisfies my requirements atleast. (Though definitely miss the passenger controls)
    05. Blue and Me - Working perfectly fine.

Cons:
    01. Interior Fit and Finish
    02. Suspensions. - They don't seem to absorb any jerks. (I am planning to get those checked during my next visit)
    03. The car body shudders while shutting down the engine after a drive. Experts please advice on what can be the issue.

Overall it has been a very good experience. I am getting an FE of 17-18kms/l in City and 21-22 kms/l on highway. Highest FE i got from my GP was 23.2.
  2. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    My Grande Punto 12,000 kms Update.

Why at 12,000 kms???

Because I am nearing one year completion of my GP (29th Aug 2014 to be precise) and got the 2nd service done for the car. ODO stands at 12,600 kms.

So far the experience has been simply AWESOME.

After 5000 kms update I have done several long and short trips. Some Notable ones

01. Vadodara - Jamnagar - Vadodara - 1000 kms

02. Vadodara - Bhavnagar - Vadodara - 500 kms

03. Vadodara - Mount Abu via Ambaji - Vadodara - 750 kms

A lot more trips have been planned and will be probably materialized by December.

The car has got some minor scratches, same experiences all have in traffic conditions. Though after every long trips the car goes for a wash mostly at Express Car wash. I like to keep my car neat and clean both from outside and inside. I use Amway Silicon Glaze for car polishing.

People in my colony do refer to me as nut case as they see me washing my car while it is raining also.

Wheel alignment, balancing and rotation was done at 10,000kms (after Mt.ABU trip). Though there was no issue as such but I felt it is better to get it done.

1 year 15000kms 2nd service has been done on 9th Aug 2014 and the total bill came out to be INR 4670/- only. Nothing much to write about the Service centre experience. Things went very smooth. Only thing they forgot to reset the service counter in MID and also sign and stamp the counter in the service book. But eventually done by them.

All the reported issues have been resolved, though they were very minor. The quality of the car delivered at the end of service was quite satisfactory. It had been thoroughly vacuumed and washed. The engine bay was also looking just like a new one. Over all quite satisfied with the service experience.

GP still returns an excellent FE at 17-18 km/l in city and 21-22 km/l on highways with AC always ON. Though I have a 60:40 driving ratio of Highways and City respectively. I have adjusted to a little stiffer suspensions against the softer ones of other cars. I feel this Setup is what gives a superior ride quality to FIAT

Again weighing the Pros and Cons

PROS

a. Superb ride quality

b. Excellent Handling - Quite a handling experience while ascending and descending Mount Abu. Moving along the sharp curves and bends and steep rise on the Ghats was a fun experience.

c. No Rattles after running on varied surfaces (express highways, state highways, village roads, dirt roads, no roads at all)

d. Not a single unpleasant experience with SA's and FASS

e. Passengers feel relaxed even after a 400 kms ride also.

f. Braking is very confident.

CONS

a. Still some problem finding the comfortable driving position.

b. Drivability difficult in city traffic conditions- requires very frequent gear shifts & Steering feels very heavy at low speeds. (my personal experience)

c. Gears feel quite rubbery ( has smoothened a bit after the 2nd service)

Experts your comments/view are eagerly awaited. In the mean time savour some Photographic moments from some of my journeys.
    nkrishnap likes this.
  3. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Some Fiaty Images

DSC02572.jpg

DSC02562.jpg
    KPR, nkrishnap, Ravi and 2 others like this.
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    awesome Fiaty pics Mitesh!!
    Same here, everytime someone drives the car, I struggle for nearly 10-15mins to get the position.
    miteshpunjani likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I have this issue whenever the car visits the workshop and the technicians adjust it to their comfort while working. Dont blame them but it gets irritating for a couple of days to get the seat adjusted perfectly after getting it from workshop.
  6. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Updates:

Updating this thread after a long time.
    MY GP has done 19500 kms as on date.

Till date the journey has been more than satisfying apart from two small accidents.

But lately, I have started facing the suspension stiffening issue on my car. I can surely vouch for the fact that the suspension behavior has definitely changed. I am feeling jerks in ride quality even due to small undulation on the road which was not the case approximately 1000kms earlier. i am yet to go to FASS and try open all the suspensions. The ride has become bumpy and jerks can be felt on steering.

I am always maintaining the tyre pressure = 32

Though I am yet to got to FASS for diagnosis but i know that that will not accept this fact and try to come out with some non workable solution.

Hence all experts your opinion/experience is definitely required here.
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Completed 45000 kms today on my Punto ODO. This is almost exactly 3 years into my Ownership. I will be posting my brief experiences soon.
    Deepak and PradeepM like this.
  8. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    My Punto completed 50,000 kms on 17th Nov 2016. It is around 38 months from the date of buying.

IMG_20161117_075300241-01.jpeg
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 19, 2016 ---
    Ownership of my Punto has been like mix bag of emotions. It has been with me till date as one of my most faithful companion and has never failed me.

No niggling issues till date.

But still struggling to find the perfect driving position. On a lighter note though.