1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership-A Grande Affair

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by miteshpunjani, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Its the Safest car in the Category.
    You have to drive with care in b2b traffic, but on the highway its a bliss, feels like sedan car.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2013
  2. siedo

siedo

Surat
    congrats mitesh,

Can you post the details of the price anddiscount breakup of 7.01 , as i am also planning to book GP emotion here in surat and the max the SA is ofeiring is 65K discount including the exchange bonus.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  3. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Hi Seido,
    The 7.01 Lacs offer was for July only and that too for Vocal white shade only. I wanted to take the delivery in September. Hence i booked it in July itself to get the offer benefit. Though i had confirmed it from Bhaskara Fiat Vadodara that i will get the delivery in sept. and offer will remain valid through August also.

In the offer Fiat was offering the GP Emotion at 7.15 lacs (90,000/- less than the actual). And to bring it to 7.01 I had to bargain. The offer included Free Insurance (approx 35000/-)+ loyalty discount of 20,000/-.
    I think that offer got over by August 15, as two of my colleagues also went to the showroom to grab it but they were told the offer was over. Anyways has the FIAT exclusive showroom opened in Surat?
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Mitesh, Congrats for your punto .. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    2013-10-27 00.05.19.jpg .

This was yesterday night. The FE after I returned from Highway drive. While on highway my GP actually showed 22.3 (AcB). Though I cud not take the Photo as my mobile battery was drained. This photo is taken after i entered the city and parked at my Home. Pretty decent figures.

Sorry about the Photo quality
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  6. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    After a long time I have found some time to write on the Ownership of of my Punto. Actually it is about a short trip that we had done in my GP about which I was excited to Share. I would be sharing my experience as and when i find time to write. This is the first part of the series. So the story goes like below.

On November 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] Saturday, myself and My Punto got an opportunity to face one of the worst roads, no roads, dirt roads during one of the trips. Or should I say jungle Trails. Actually this type of encounter was not at all anticipated while we were planning for a day long trip of around 250 kms. We were just the three travellers in the car. Myself along with two of my friends.

The destination was one of the waterfalls known as Zarwani Waterfall in Shoolpaneshwar Sanctuary-Gujarat. This is very close to Sardar Sarovar Dam site. And the assumption was that the roads will be like butter and we will be in and out of the destination in no time. Little did we know that all my driving skills (though there aren’t much) and the Punto would be put to test in such a manner.

First phase of the journey (90kms) was really superb. We got our pass from the forest dept. checkpost and after that I had to drive just 7kms to the fall parking area and then walk around half a kilometer to the fall. Just 200mts ahead of the check post the bad patch of the road started. Though we had asked about the road condition at the check post itself and were assured that there is no issue and the roads are in good condition. But what we faced was a washed WBM road on hill site with steep curves with valley on one side. So I immediately shifted to 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear as I was not able to drive at a speed of more than 20kms/hr. It took us around 35 mins to clear the 7kms patch. Punto was constantly on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] gear and the AC Compressor was taking the toll of the Engine power. I had deliberately kept the AC on to gauge the efficiency of the engine. As a result at many turns with steep climbs the gear had to be downshifted to 1[SUP]st[/SUP] also.

Finally we reached the Parking spot and it was nothing but just stones-various sizes and shapes.

- - - Merged Post - - -

IMG_0305.jpg

The Road Condition

IMG_0311.jpg

The Road Condition
    3 people like this.
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    More is yet to come.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Iluvpunto

Iluvpunto Amatore

Chennai
    [Just for a comparo - A Honda City parked next to my Grande Punto in my colony. Which one looks awesome??:-D[/QUOTE]

Thats not a question at all to be asked. Punto looks the best in all comparisons.

- - - Merged Post - - -

You can Try now Seido. I got a call last week from Fiat Dealer in chennai stating the offer on punto is now 1 Lakh. Should be the case with all dealers i guess.
  9. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    In Continuation to my earlier post a view of the parking area - just stones.

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01247.jpg
  10. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Destination 01 - Zarwani Waterfalls

DSC01196-1.jpg