1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ownership-A Grande Affair

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by miteshpunjani, Sep 6, 2013.

1. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    Hi All,
    It is always a good thing to introduce ourselves. And that too if one has a Fiat the introduction itself becomes a Grande affair. Though I don’t intend to do anything that way. I reside in Vadodara – Gujarat.

My search for my first car started in January 2013 when Sail-UVA was launched. I had seen just the exteriors of the car and had liked it a lot. I went to the showroom checked the car and its features. At that time I was looking for Petrol car. Though my mind accepted the vehicle based on the price but my heart was not agreeing to my mind.

After that incident/accident I explored all the options available in this segment in the market. Budget was 6-7 lacs only. Cars that underwent the review process were (at this point I am thinking of petrol only)

VW Polo: Overall a good car but less on space. Also VW ASS and Ownership costs are too high
    Swift:Less on space and safety, owned by all, hence not interested
    Swift Desire: Same as above
    I20: More in features less in power
    Liva- Putt off due to center console and Quality of the car.
    Micra and Pulse – Just read the features

All these review process was happening between February and April. And while this was happening I started shifting slowly towards the diesel. Though my daily commute is not more than 40 kms but then I was entering into a long term relationship, so a due consideration had to be given. Again there were some contenders.

VW Polo – Out of budget
    SKODA Fabia – A strong contender, but by the time I could have a TD, company had stopped the production of the vehicle. (I was ready to stretch my budget)
    Ford Figo – Very positive reviews both on Internet and by owners. But I was not impressed. (I am like that only)
    I20 – Out of budget

Somehow I was not satisfied with what I was looking at. I read and read and went on reading about my possible choices but it went on confusing me more and more. At one point I felt that I will not be able to buy any car.

Flashback

Year 2009
    Location Mumbai.
    One of my friend brought a new car. Fiat Punto…. What??? Never heard of it… Probably a new entrant. But when I saw it, Oh my god it is awesome, beautiful, sturdy, white…. OK it was really good any I was fairly impressed. I would also buy this car someday…. You know A GOAL.

Today's World

April 2013

I was just surfing the net and this name Fiat Punto popped up. Only this time it had Grande attached to it. It must have been there earlier but I didn’t notice it. Hmmm I recollected MY GOAL. Called the same friend in Mumbai with GP. Talked to him at a length. Asked him a lot of question. Good guy gave answers to mostly all of them. I was satisfied though. So now the search started for Fiat Grande Punto.
    I logged on to TOP GEAR India and it wrote-Punto around the corner is like a leech on the skin. Hmm exciting. I kept on reading through various forums, TBHP, TFI other internet resources from wherever I could find something on GP. What I read was positive only on some counts and negative on major counts. But at least one thing was common amongst all that I read -One buys a FIAT car from heart and not from mind. And I have always listened to my Heart.

Now the sad part was that there was no FIAT showroom in Vadodara. The TATA one which sold FIAT cars was shut down. I felt again that I will not be able to buy my car. But then I was talking to a colleague in the department and surprisingly I came to know that he actually owns a GP-1.3MJD Active that he purchased in Sept. 2012. It was a Hurray Moment for me. Also he told me that a new showroom is going to open soon in Vadodara. I did a TD of his car and I was more than happy. I again liked the looks but was not satisfied with the suspension. Probably we Indians like the comfy rides. My friend was also satisfied with his possession but he had his complaints related to delivery experience and ASS.

So I had no other option but to wait for the new FIAT showroom to open. An it so happened that I was passing through a road less travelled by me and then I saw the signage – Bhaskara Fiat. But the showroom interiors were under construction. So I had to wait for more time. In the mean time I was still reading anything and everything about Punto.

I think now I will have to cut short as you all would be cursing me for my long story.

Bhaskara Fiat officially opened on 18[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2013 and after some TD’s and negotiations I first booked a GP 1.3 MJD Dynamic-Tuscan Wine at 6.75 lacs on road. But later on I upgraded to 1.3 MJD Emotion – Vocal/Pearl White at 7.01 lacs on road (July Offer). The overall experience with Bhaskara has been very satisfying. They have more showroom of FIAT in Ahmedabad. They have also set up a service centre in Vadodara quite near to my home, but it is not fully functional as of now. I was attended by two SA’s Mr. Nirmesh Gohil and Mr. Mukesh Bhoir. Both are good and have served in many showrooms before joining Fiat.

I initially wanted the delivery on 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] September-My birthday but Tuesday was not an auspicious day to buy a car-at least that was what I was told. So finally we welcomed the Grande Punto to our home on 29[SUP]th[/SUP] August 2013. I had done the PDI on 28[SUP]th[/SUP] and apart from a loose glovebox there were no issues. I also got done the 3M anti corrosion treatment - 5yrs warranty+Engine coat at 5600/- INR and the Punto Seat cover Black and Beige at 6000/- INR.

It has completed 250 kms on ODO. Took a bit of me to adjust to the new settings. No niggling issues as of now.

Yes I know and I will post the PICS at the earliest. UFF- I haven’t written anything at such a length since quite some years. I guess my GP made me write this……

In the end I would like to thank you all for such a patient reading. Do share your observations.
    4 people like this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Mitesh, congrats for your Grande punto :)
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congrats.Wish you happy miles and a happy ownership.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Mitesh,

heartiest congratulations on bringing home the gorgeous Italian beauty. We need the drool worthy pics ASAP. Its good to know that your dealershipe experience was good.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely.
  5. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats for your new Punto Mitesh!!!
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congo and welcome to TFI
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Mitesh for bringing home new Fiat Punto.Welcome to TFI family.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Mitesh,

I hope you are enjoying every moment with the car. Mind adding a few pics of your ride.

Are you venturing out on the Vadodara streets coz I heard the streets are flooded due to the recent heavy rains.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats. Wish you happy mile munching(you will love to).
  10. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Congratulations Mitesh,

The more miles you clock, the more you will love the car & realize you did the right thing by listening to your heart.

Wishing you many happy & thrilling miles ahead.