1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sad that you have to go without your Punto. But, definitely Getz is not a bad car at all and its not a boat too. Suspensions in Getz will be stiffer. I had driven around 40k in it for 4 years before selling the Getz :).
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Yes Getz is better when compared to other Hyundai cars. The body is also better. It has the enthusiasm at lower rpm better than 1.3 Swift. But you know when I compared to my possession every thing melts. There is a huge gap between the two.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I didn't use the car for 20 days since I was out of station. Today when I started, I noticed that the date and time has changed. It was showing 2007.
    I was supposed to return after one week so I didn't disconnect the battery. There is no problem with starting. I checked the battery today it is absolutely fine.
    Any idea why this happened?

Today while cleaning the rear glass I raised the rear wiper. The rubber blade unit has come out. I fitted it again? My rear wiper has been replaced recently.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I have taken the vehicle to dealer place for 3rd six months free check of 3M antirust coating. They inspected and there was no need for any coating.
    Reached at 10:30. It took 1 hour to just check the coating(Not for application). The only good thing was that there was a black Tjet available for test drive and I enjoyed a short drive in it. It rocks:shocked.
  5. Sungoa ,
    I think the rear wiper of punto is very delecate. I too had to replace mine within 2 months of ownership. It is a very simple clip that holds the blade and it can break easily .

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That is why I kept the old one with me. I think one can take the blades from the new one and fit it on old one(one has to do it carefully). The old one is perfectly fine except the torn part of the rubber.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Since the summer is over in Goa it is the time to look back and comment about the AC performance of my Punto. The AC was fine even before upgradation. After upgradation it is super chill. I hardly kept the AC in level 2. Only when I park the vehicle in hot sun I need to run it in level 2 for some time and then immediately change to level 1. Now in Monsoon it make us chilled inside as soon as we switch it on to remove the moisture on glass.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Emotion variant doesn't have ACC? I thought ACC was provided in Emotion too.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Punto Emotion variant has manual controls. I am not sure about Linea.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Linea Emotion came with the ACC and that was the reason why I was also confused. It seems ACC was not provided with the Punto Emotion.