1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I have taken my vehicle for alignment and balancing at MRF. Previous balancing was done at Kerala around 4500kms. Now I have covered 5000kms + .
    They told that balancing was OK and didn't required any change. There was a deviation in alignment. Vehicle has become even better now.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My Punto got lifted for alignment at MRF Tyredrome.
    19042012.jpg

I noticed today that the steering is not in its original position. After alignment now, when the car is in straight line motion, the steering is slighly in rotated position to left.
    But there is no pulling or any issue. Taken the vehicle to 145 on Highway and didn't noticed any issue. I called back the alignment shop ant they told that they will correct it.
    Can anyone tell, what will be the cause of that asymmetric position?
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I have shown the vehicle at MRF. They rectified the problem. The reason they told was that they didn't remove the wheel cap yesterday before alignment yesterday.
    I can feel the difference in drive. Now it is improved lot.

I checked the air pressure(Nitrogen). Last time I filled before Mahabaleswar trip and now after 1700kms there is only 2psi difference in pressure.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My Punto has completed 18 months now. Here is some photos I have taken today.

sun Jr. with 18 month old punto
    DSC02241.jpg

Punto hiding his age
    DSC02242.jpg

DSC02245.jpg

DSC02246.jpg
    DSC02247.jpg
    6 people like this.
  5. I don't know how I missed this post by you.... :)

Congrats on completing 18 months and pray that you travel many more kms in your GP.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks romsi.

When look back I can say that I am 100% satisfied with the car. No other cars wouldn't have given that satisfaction. Not only for me, but for my wife and the 5 year old sun.
    1 person likes this.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    very well maintained. and may you enjoy more kms with your punto.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I had resolved two problems.
    1. My turn indicator lever was not coming to normal position after taking the turn.
    2. Rear wiper blade rubber had broken

Item 1 got fixed(switch problem) under warranty free of coast
    For item 2 I paid Rs 424 for part and 150 for labour charge. Total amount was Rs.605 including tax.

I also asked the person to clean the air filter. He got it done(free):)

Total time taken : 1 1/2 hours. Not bad. I could able to surf TFI page while I was waiting. Got a good ride with a honda city, which started friendship with flashing the head lights while coming. I am really thinking "Am I under estimating the 1.4 on Punto ?" City looks cute on my rear view mirror:D
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Just noticed that the old wiper blade was made in Brazil. :)
    DSC02253.JPG

Don't you think that just for a rubber part so much plastic is wasted. I need to purchase the entire unit. The old one is polluting the earth. All car companies should try to minimize the use of plastics. The rubber may hardly cost Rs 50.

DSC02252.JPG
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Going to kerala today. Not taking Punto:sad1. My application got rejected by home minister(my better half). So I have to live with the great indian hatch boat in kerala(Getz). Any way taking the netconnect+ with me because already fused with some travelogues. Too difficult to live without Punto. Only good thing is there will be plenty of puntos on Cochin.:D