1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Does the soot near the bolt(see first picture in above post) is a indication of leak. Should I spray some sop water in cold condition and look for bubbles while engine running?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Yeah, it appears like an exhaust leak, can be a very minor one. I checked it in my Punto yesterday. Couldn't see any blackened portion in that area. I believe it is a clamp and can be tightened. Just check if that fixes the leak if any.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. Yesterday when I checked while idling, It occurred to me that little bit of exhaust smell in that area. But since the exhaust end is also near cannot tell whether it is coming from that area only. I have mentioned previously about the small amount of roughness in engine noise. So I am thinking it is linked to the exhaust leak.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I got a call from TASS yesterday informing about the free check up. Took an appointment for Friday30th March. The camp is between 30-31 March. I will show the exhaust leak problem also.But will top up my coolant my self before that otherwise they will pour water instead.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Is this a nation-wide event? Or just dealer specific? Any idea? Couldnt see any info on FIAT India website.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I coudn't see the details in Fiat site. Some times TATA also conduct such camps. They told there will be discounts on parts if do any service during that period. Please call your TASS and verify it.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today my Punto attended Free check up camp at TASS. They checked all fluid levels. Power steering liquid level was slightly less. They topped it up. Engine oil was in good condition. Coolant was slightly less. I asked them not to fill it. I have the correct-proportion mixture with me and I will do it myself. Car got lubricated. They checked for the exhaust leakage(see my above post). Tighten the screws. Got a interior cleaning and a proper wash. Forgot to mention that I got a cup of soft drink and snacks. It was a really good experience. I will add one more mark for TATA than that I was given till now. They all were very friendly and whatever I requested they have done. Also there was Mr. Shylesh from Tata Motors (Mumbai) who was taking the feed back of customers. A very good initiative. I also received a coupon for a free wash and 5% discount coupon for parts purchase.

While returning I felt the car was more smooth. My be exhaust leak might have stopped since they tighten the screw:p . When they lifted the car looked for any under body scrape marks. Couldn't find anything:dancing

I could able to meet lot of customers. What I have seen in Fiat customers is that the have lot of things to talk about their cars. I didn't find any of them having any complaint of the cars. In Goa there is only one dealer. And people has taken so much pain to come here for servicing especially from north border of Goa. That shows how much they like the Fiat cars. They can easily find two three dealers of Hyundai or Maruti. Still people has opted for Fiat.

The free check up was organized by TASS and not an national level Fiat free check up camp.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I forgot to mention one thing. I have observed service person pouring TVS Girling DOT4 in to one of the container. But after Now I remember Fiat uses Tutela.
    Is it Ok to Top up with TVS Girling Dot 4.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is My Punto after wash
    30032012(004).jpg

How can I go without capturing this beauty which I saw accidentally at TASS
    30032012(002).jpg

I saw this wooden-finish in one of the Linea.
    30032012(003).jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think this is OK. TVS Girling meets the DOT4 standard, which FIAT has specified in the manual. When my brake fluid level was low, I searched for Tutela in several places, but could get any. Finally I checked with Mr. Khan of Concorde, which one to use. He suggested TVS Girling DOT4.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My Punto is back to singing after a throat infection. After the TASS guys tighten the screw at the joint where I found soot, the car now become very silent. It's pick up has increased and it touches my set value of speed limit at 110kmph in no time. I was missing this music these days. I think the problem happened few months back when my Punto got a hit at a hump in Gokarna and the leak might have started. my friend was driving the vehicle and he took the vehicle on a hump without slowing down. TASS guys said that it is possible.

Lesson of day : Do not allow your vehicle to drive by any body else other than you. Give only to a fiatian who knows the dynamics of the vehicle.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012