1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

This is insane FE that you are getting with your 1.4 Punto:shocked!!
    I never thought the petrol can manage it over 15 km/pl even with 1.2 Fire.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Look may not t blahat great as compared to TW, FR and black. ER is not metalic and in that case any wax will give a better glossy look for metalic colour.
    Don't know about 845. What I read was that 845 will last long and it is difficult to apply compared with 916.

I do idling before start(cold) and stop.It is definitely good for the engine life.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Thanks. people had wrong perception about the FE of Fiat. Especially petrol.
    What I got was with 90% AC.

Man, with full luggage,two adult and a child, the way Punto climbed the Ghat roads is amazing. A corolla altis with a yellow board was not able to catch with the dynamics of punto. The driver was trying all his rudeness to overtake but the moment cornering comes punto leave him to vanish in rear view mirror with all his inborn gentleness.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I know dear & it's not a secret at all. It's hard-luck that FIATians have such great vehicles who beg for 150 HP engines but what we get it just .....:thumbs down. Sometime it's feels more like convincing ourselves. I think if powerful engines doesn't come default with Punto/Linea, no other vehicle should have them. The story is opposite. With every day passing, this deficiency of power in my 90 HP keeps getting bigger and bigger:mad:.
    I curse for that 1.6 MJD.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No. You won't stop at that. You will starve for 2.0L MJD once you get the 1.6. It's so addictive you see :).
    2 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is it advisable to do alignment and wheel balancing in every 5000K well before I year service interval. In that case is it advisable to do it at TASS or outside?
    If we do it outside will it affect the warranty?
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today i have noticed that well before the exhaust end, there is some some water drops. 20-30 cm from the end, where the exhaust pipe have a L shape. Is it normal?
    If the engine is perfectly tuned water will come through exhaust. But why the drops appear in between. Will there be a crack there and water is entering through that crack?
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It is possible that if for some reason the exhaust end is a little higher than the 'L' shaped portion, this can happen. Never seen thi in my Punto.
    This could be a wrong guess too! Check for any visible cracks. For this you will have to lift the car with the engine started and then check for any minor exhaust leak.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. I have once asked TASS to check the exhaust leak(6months back) and that time it was not there. I will try to get a photo using my camera and then I can have a better view.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    This is the place where I found water drops. Also see the black colour in that region. This is near the L-junction near exhaust
    DSC02127.JPG

Is there any thing to worry about these spots. Is it a potential candidate for a rust and and leak?
    DSC02125.jpg

Also noticed these region below near LHS some where middle of the length of the car. It looks like a hole and I was wondering whether this portion had a bad hit and the cover had gone. Any idea?
    DSC02128.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  10. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    No, No, It does. My 1.2 has always managed to give me above 17KMPL on highways with almost 100% AC. On NH4 from Pune to my native place, it gives me 19KMPL again with 100%AC :) But I am a sadate driver, I don't to rip my car. I like to enjoy the drive :). I keep it at 80KMPH almost all the times. Below 80 is too slow and above 90- I get the feeling like my journey is coming to an end quicker. So 80KMPH is fine from FE point of view and also I enjoy the drive a bit longer :)
    1 person likes this.