1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i had attained a 21 point something in my linea 1.4. and that was on a cold winter morning but with 5 passengers on board. but that was just the mid figures. my car in real has never returned more than 15.5 on tank full method.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is it for a single trip ?
    When I went to kerala from Goa 15.5-16.5 was my average mileage because of bad road conditions. tank full method also shown similar figures.
    Not much difference in my case.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There was a fabia parked next to my punto 1.4 E. It appeared to me that the hight of Punto's lower front end is lesser than that of fabia. But Punto has more GC than Fabia.
    Is it that Puntos front is slightly lower than other cars? I didn't measure it. Then I checked the manual for dimension and hight of lower front from ground is not provide.
    DSC01580.JPG
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    I also feels the same. The ground clearence of 1.4 is given as 173mm which is large compared to most cars, but we scrap bottom sometimes on bad roads and humps. Usually it is front end that scraps so i think the ground clearance what they advertised may be(doubt) the height of back end. But our wheelbase is also large compared to other cars.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    no it is not for the single trip. i have observed for 15k kms now. i calculate my mileage on every tankful.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks karan.

I need a information from 1.4 FIRE owners. How exactly is thbehaviorur of the car in 1st 2nd gear. In my case during the initial pick up the noise is not that smooth. It sound like a smooth diesel or better way to say is that a transition from Ompuri/Amreshpuri type voice to say salman/Sharuk Khans. Once it picks up the speed it is musical to year.
    Does any body experience this Puri-Khbehaviorour. Except this the car is very smooth. Even in idling it is very smooth.

Also when I start the engine gives a sound like scratching on a wall/board and disappear.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I had a trip Goa-Mahabaleswar-Goa with my family. The route was Goa-Amboli-Nipani-Panchgani-Mahabaleswar

TripA (Goa-Mahabaleswar-Goa)

Air pressure set at 33 psi(nitrogen)
    Total distance covered : 877km(including local trips and roaming around in Mahabaleswar)
    Total travel time : 17hrs 22minutes
    Avg speed : 50kmph
    FE(AcA) : 15.9 kmpl

Trip B(Mahabaleswar-Goa return trip)
    Total distance covered : 416km
    travel time: 7hours 34 minutes
    Avg speed : 54kmph
    FE : 17.1 kmpl

Vehicle has become smooth now. Top speed taken was 150kmph in NH4. Didn't tried above since my family was inside. In NH4 while going maintained the speed between 90 and 115kmph) occasionally visited 120. I will write more about the trip in a separate thread.

Some important points noticed about Punto(1.4 FIRE):
    1. No under body scrapping
    2. Unbelievably smart in handling Ghat sections. Total domination!
    3. Excellent road grip and steering is perfect even in high speeds
    4. Excellent suspension
    5. From third gear onwards it is a rocket.
    6. Gear shift is smooth and no place to complain about it
    7. The tyre noise is noticeable on highway
    1 person likes this.
  8. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Hey nice to see your trip log! your observations are spot on:cool:. I too had a weekend run to Belgaum and back with average of around 18kmpl.

Did you idle the car @breaks while travelling, before switching the car off? is it necessary?
    Also how do you find collinite 915? I intend to get the same.

9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    7 breaks. and 4 times idling at tollgate. I have noticed the following thing. In one of the toll gate the average consumption after traveling approximately
    90 km was 19.3 and it dropped to 19.0 during idling. So idling is one of the culprit of low FE. If possible switching of the engine is advisable. 18 is a good figure.
    I have noticed that simply reducing speed doesn't mean that better fuel efficiency. Pressing and releasing the pedal is an art without compromising on speed. Learned lot during NH4 trip. I got 22kmpl from Mahabaleswar to Panchwad~45km of course with the generous support from mother earth's gravity. On an open road it is difficult to resist the temptation for speed and whatever we have saved till then will be simply lost.
    For collinite 915 please mail to sanjay@bringingbest.com. For details see BB Impex (P) Ltd. India, Collinite 915, Marque D` Elegance
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Hey thanks for your feedback! :D
    Thanks for the link of collinite too, Have gone throught that earlier.

My query was on the performance of collinite 915 on Exotica red color, since you have the same I believe. Was thinking would Collinite 845 too.
    Also by idling I meant do we need to idle the car specially before we switch off the car:roll:, as read it in teambhp somedays back.

Once again I agree it's difficult to resist the temptation of revving the car hard:redcar.