1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    no it won't you can have the cap painted from TASS.. i think it would cost you rs 150 or so
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Tarun. If it is Rs 150 I will get it from TASS.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

u have used the com-paint before.. if ur satisfied..then why don't u do it yourself...
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  4. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    congrats man for your exotic red punto.!! i can see that you are getting very good FE as you have mentioned here...18-19 Kms for 1.4 petrol right?? and as you have mentioned careful driving..can you please tell me how should one drive it to get that much good FE..I'm also about to get my 1.4 fire this friday.. :d
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks D-Punto. Today I had a trip to panjim. I thought I will have a test of Fuel efficiency of Punto. So set the trip meter B to zero. selected instantaneous consumption on display.
    Avoided unnecessary braking. Speed between 65-75 kmph. Always driven in proper gear avoided unnecessary acceleration. The distance covered was approximately 30 km.Since it was saturday evening the traffic was more. The result is given below
    04022012(001).jpg

After reaching panjim the vehicle was in a traffic jam. When I checked the actual FE was 19.9 and it dropped to 19.4 after staying 2-3 min in traffic jam.
    unfortunately I couldn't take the picture while in in traffic jam. While returning to home driven quite fast 90-100 kmph and got a total FE of (64km) of 17.4.
    :dancing
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Wow that's an awesome Mileage you have got! I do need to drive the 1.4 Fire Once! Heard it sings italian songs at peak! :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

wow. How you extracted this beautiful FE from 1.4. I have a 1.4 that got 1700km in odo which gives a FE of 14 in Highway. I would like to know your driving tips for extracting more FE.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Jishnu and Nithin.

I have observed the following thing. One need not press the pedal always to maintain good speed(70-80 km). If we remove the foot from accelerator the car will still go and when we feel that it need the next push press the pedalsoftlyy just to get the push which is just sufficient.

With its huge mass the vehicle can maintain a very high speed with minimal use of accelerator. Accelerating punto is a costly affair. if you see the display the FE will go to 6 or 7 while accelerate.

Also accelerate at higher gear is costly. I mean if we reduce the speed to 40 and we ant to attain a high speed(say 80) then accelerating in 5th gear is not good even though it will pull nicely. Reduce the gear to 3rd or 4th and quickly change to 5th gear.

MODS NOTE - Kindly punctuate the posts in a better manner to enhance readability.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I use the first gear just to get the car moving and immediately slot to 2nd and 3rd gear. Most of my city driving happens in the 4th and 5th gear. When I need momentum, I quickly slot to 3rd gear, and then to 4th and 5th. I maintain my speed at 60-80kmph in 4th and 5th gear as much as possible. This way, I get a city mileage of of 10-13 kmpl.
    And yes, 17kmpl is the max I have seen on highways.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Once the manager at TASS told me that he gets 20+ in his petrol punto in his Goa Pune trips. Planning a mahabaleswar trip and will check whether it is possible.
    17 kmph is a very good mileage in highway.