1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

sungoa2010 : When Your car gets serviced ?? We all are waiting for your Next Update !!
  2. sungoa2010

My 3rd free service is on 8th. Will update after that. There are few issues to be addressed.
    Need to check the suspension I carpet feeling is missing now days. Feel like a decrease the punch. This I have noticed after the engine mount incident.
    Otherthan that there is nothing much to complain. Will try to be present there while changing oils and coolant.

I will advice you to do the following : Keep a diary or use google doc and keep a record of fuel filled with odo reading and this will help you to calculate your average FE that you got. That will give the actual FE that you got and it is a good measure of the health of your car. Also you will be able to figure out, in case of some drastic change in FE, where it has started.
    1 person likes this.
  3. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Thanks For Suggestion.....I already calculated by this way....and i got milege is ~7kmpl where MID shows ~8.5 Kmpl !!
  4. sungoa2010

I have given my car for servicing today(3rd). ODO -11550 kms

Please advice whether spark plug need to be replaced at 3rd service? I couldn't find it from the manual.

Also manual mentioned to do Engine management scan. Service adviser told that he will do if any requirement is there. Should I insist him to do the scan since it may
    find errors whose effects are not yet appeared?

All filters and all fluids will be replacing.

Will get the vehicle in the evening and will update the same.
    2 people like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Page 140 of the manual says Spark plugs need to be replaced every 30k kms.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

Today I had done the 3rd free service for Punto.

Summary :

Parts : 9465 INR
    Labour : 1505 INR

Total : 10969 INR

Satisfaction : 6/10. Though I was happy during last time, this time there was complete mess at TASS. Need to improve the service.

Engine oil -2346
    oil filter- 182
    Airfilter - 357
    fuel filter- 456
    TRANS oil -890
    power steering oil - 435
    coolant - 733
    brake oil dot 4- 82
    spark plug(4)- 327
    wiremesh filter - 48
    Quick clean engine flush - 799
    Injector clean - 1749

third free service-0
    adjust door link for each door-FOC
    R/R OIL seperator -FOC
    Handling charges for supplier parts - FOC
    Bearing support for clutch peddal-remove&Install-FOC
    R/R Fan motor assy and Shroud - FOC
    R/R Power steering pump -FOC
    R/R Cylinder Head Gasket petrol -FOC

Wheel balancing - 250
    3M service plus - 550
    Wheel alignment - 450
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Sun, as I told you may need to seek clarification on these items. I suggest you to shoot a mail to Fiat Customer care and there is no harm in waiting for their reply. :)
  8. sungoa2010

Thanks Ramesh. I need to know whether the email id has changed. Does the old email id still working. I will write a mail to CC to some important officials.
    I hope this will help them to understand the wrong practices happening at some of the dealerships

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Today morning first time in last 2 years my Punto missed the start when I turned on the ignition. After that it was normal. And I checked many times. There was no problem.:D
    1 person likes this.
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

What is "3M service plus" ?

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Glad To Know that Your Punto is Back to Normal !! Enjoy !!::T
  10. sungoa2010

#M service plus is the lubricants that they apply on doors and side window gap etc.

Here is the picture of spark pug that changed. (11.5K kms on odo)

Cover of new spark plug
    1 person likes this.