1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I didn't get any steering vibration. Only I felt there was little bit roughness for the engine sound which was, I think, due to the engine on the loose or cracked mount.
    See the moment the engine unit can vibrate and it act like a coupled system and if everything is in favour it can oscillate abnormal way, which might have caused this.
    I am not a rash driver. So the question of pressure on the mount point due to torque of engine doesn't arise. Also my car hasn't fallen in a pot hole that can break the mount.

In the figure you can see screws which had broken. Those screws are the one use to fix it to engine. They didn't allow me to see and watch the work as a service policy. So I am not able to get more photographs. The honda civic link that I posted in my previous post will give more clear picture of the mounts.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    these days i'm also feeling the car is not smooth while at high and low speeds especially the engine sound,sounds like angry man :)
    i have found the most of the sound is created by the Airfilter bracket written Multijet as below:-

01082010.jpg

dont know whether its a common thing of vibrating/shaking,when i press it hard it goes silent.
    Anyother MJD owners can provide your inputs on this ?
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How often you clean the air filter? You may get a slight improve if it is clean
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    cleaning of the air filter(its hardly about 250grams) should not be the problem for the vibration/shaking of this bracket,the air filter sits within this very securedly.

Every month i do it
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Off topic posts are deleted.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Reply For Your PM :::D , keep Posting , Ur the Most Active owner of P1.4 Here !! ( Ur Inbox is Full , Please delete old Messages)
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Amar. I have cleaned my inbox.
    1 person likes this.
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Mate , 10Days Gone....No Update At all !!:confused:
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am waiting for 3rd service. After the engine-mount incident I am not happy with car as the ride smoothness has decreased. At low speeds response of engine is not linear. I have no idea what is the reason. Not getting time to show the vehicle again due tight schedule at work place. Will update after resolving it.
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Hope Your Car's Problem will solved Totally !! :D
    1 person likes this.