1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today morning I went to TASS. I was shocked to hear that the problem was not related to exhaust but the engine mount got broken. They told it is covered under warranty.
    I asked, "how this can happen?" They told that may be because of vehicle trapped in a pot hole any sudden jerk. I waited till 9:30 to 12:45. They told that work has done. Then I found that AC (floor) is not pumping air properly. They taken it back . I waited another half an hour. Finally they brought the vehicle but still it was less. Any way I am doing the service after 3 weeks so went for a test drive and didn't found any issue with new mounts.

I paid Rs 513.00 for labour and screws and other materiel that are not covered under warranty.

Net impression: satisfied with the service as there was no issue with the parts and the work also looks OK. I don't have any idea about how much time it take to fix a new engine mount. So cannot complain about my waiting time from 9:30AM to 1 PM. They asked me whether I need a wash. I said "No thanks"

The question that remains is how it got broken. I am sure that it is not because of any hit on a hump or pot holes. May be because of forced vibration of already loose mount.

Thanks Fiat for resolving the issue without giving a head ache to me. Finding no reason for not having fiat as my next car:D
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to hear Fiat RSA is working nicely.

But what is the issue with the car? Any updates from TASC.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The engine mount broken. It is the part that fix engine on the car. I have taken a photo of the broken part and will post today. The loud vibration was made by the broken part of the engine mount. The TASS people was unable to explain the route cause. I will post this picture to Fiat service and try to get a answer. The screw might have already loosen and that was the reason that I felt as a noise due to exhaust leak.

The total cost involved for towing the vehicle from breakdown point to TASS was zero. Thanks Fiat.
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Sad to hear that , One of P1.4 owner car was Breakdown....I hope its not major issue!!:geek:
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. That is part and parcel of having any automobile. There is no rule of thump that it should not happen to any since it didn't happen to them before. What ever it is the punto looks stunning and even while resting on a tow truck it is still Owner's pride. Isn't it:D

I would have reacted with saying "It is horrible to have a Fiat ca" " What pathetic quality". But after going through the forum and many other forum I am convinced that Fiat make wonderful car. This particular problem I haven't seen with other members at TFI. But this mount problem do exist with civic, polo,vento etc. I am not telling all cars have but this problem is more or less evenly distributed with all cars.
    Here is one example Praveen Kumar Sinha +: Honda Civic engine vibration fix

May be TASS people can be little more educated on troubleshooting part. They should be able to guess the problem from customers' descriptions. I used to say them last service also about little bit of excessive sound. My imagination took me from engine oil, coolant, fan, exhaust leak etc. But a wise technician would be able to guess the cause.

With the condition of Indian roads the mounts are prone to damage or loose. But one advantage with cars with less service interval is such things will be taken care before they fail. Any unusual sound should be reported to the service station immediately. Even our manual also says that.

The quote "A very small cause which escapes our notice determines a considerable effect that we cannot fail to see, and then we say that the effect is due to chance" make more sense to me now:D
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    Happy to hear that you got the Car on road next day! If this was happened in the long journey, it will certainly a headache.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks.
    Fiat has wide network of RSA. I had talked with the driver. For example he has gone to Karwar area also. Also the TATA service is also spread around in cities. So though it may get delayed but definitely there will be connectivity. What is more important is that they are efficient.

Here is the details of labour and parts charges

mount.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sad to see the breakdown. But, really impressed with the way the RSA functioned. They also impressed me sometime back when I locked the car with all the keys inside the vehicle.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is the picture of broken part of engine mount.

10092012.jpg
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    exhaust leak and engine mount... :confused
    did you felt the vibartion in the car as well ? and how was the steering feel vibrations was sensed here aswell ?

if you dont mind please let know whats the broken part in the pic ? unable to identofy from the arrow pointer
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012