1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Ravi sir.
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    For your 24 months service, also check for timing belt replacement if its mentioned in Punto service schedule in manual. In Linea, its mentioned, TASS said not required but I still got it done. Its on chargeable basis and labour cosr is high.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks VP.

Here is the copied text from manual:
    *Check condition of toothed driving belt -30K-(replace if required)

*Replace toothed timing drive belt -60K-(Regardless of the km covered, the timing belt shall be replaced every 4 years for particularly demanding use
    (cold climates, driving in the city, idling for a long time) or in any case every 5 years)

For some items they have mentioned ...km or ... months which ever is earlier. But for driving belt months is not mentioned. I will ask them to inspect. But do I have to change it?
    Timing belt as per the manual(see above) should be changed at 60K or 4 year. So should I change it now. My vehicle has done 11K/2 years.

For oils and filters they have explicitly mentioned 24 months which I am going to change.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not at all. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Nope. For 11k kms and 2 years, it does not seem required when the schedules says its due at 60k kms and 4 years. Just get it checked.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Yesterday I noticed while engaging the power window button there is a slight variation of intensity of headlight(which is falling on the wall of my garage). Is it a sign of battery getting weak?
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Update: checked the battery. It is fine.

Found strange thing today. There is small gap(2cm length) developed between windshield and the rubber part(outside) that sticking with it. If it is not there rain water from windshield will be flowing over it. But now I am afraid that water will go through this gap. This gap is in middle.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think most of the cars (Puntos) has this issue. The plastic/rubber part that is used is of low quality. If available, try to replace it.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My biggest worry is whether water find it's way to sensitive part like ECU. How suddenly it has appeared? It was not there earlier. I think feviquick will do the job.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think it will harm the ECU. The water may not find its way into it. Feviquick is good, but here it may not hold longer.