1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Sun , I will suggest NOT to go for any long trip just after the service .. Either give service 1 -2 weeks in advance and run it for 2 weeks to ensure that everything is working normally . I trust these service people a lot :)

Or always good to give service after the long trip ..

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You should be able to get it from TASS. In case they are reluctant to sell over counter, tell them you are going for a long drive, and you need it as back up, or at least topup the fluid. You wont need it again for a few thousand kms.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In fact both brake and power steering oil are above max in my case. They have overfilled it last time. For brake they use TVS oil not recommended by Fiat but the same grade.
    They might have emptied the bottle instead of returning the remaining oil, which I could have used for top up.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    RVM broken but got it replaced within one hour

Today I was going to Panjim and on the way I tried to change the position by adjusting it with left hand. My bad luck the rubber part that connect the windshiled mount with the mirror unit got broken. It was moving as the car moves and suddenly fell down. It is dangerous to drive such a huge car without a RVM. It was 4:45 PM and I immediately called TASS store. They told the part is available but I need to reach there before 5:15 PM . They close the service station after 5PM. . So we changed our direction towards Margoa reached there at 5:05 PM. They immediately started a job card. Around 5:40 the car was delivered back. The reason for breaking was the rubber part which allow a rotational motion of the mirror unit was not moving freely.

Coast : Rs. 570 (Warranty is not applicable)
    Thanks fiat for parts:D
    3 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is the part that broken.
    rvm.jpg
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sun thats very quick service from FIAT. Now I dont worry about FIAT service if I come to GOA with my Punto. The charges is also very minimal. Now who will dare to say that FIAT is expensive to maintain and spare parts are not available.
    1 person likes this.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    @sungoa & kedarbendre-

First curse Fiat (for failing part so soon) and then thank. Manufacturer does not oblige customer to keep the parts available. It's their job and it's non-negotiable !!

Why the part fails so soon?
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I tried to adjust it with one hand while driving. I think the part might have broken earlier partially(probably while sun control film installation) and my asymmetric application of force might have completed the process. That part is not rubber(I checked it today) as I mentioned earlier but some alloy. It got jammed and was not moving. I am sure it will not break by itself.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I did top up of engine oil. Felt that the level has slightly decreased from Max. Any way from next month the vehicle will be getting a fresh oil and thought of using the existing oil. I found while engine was running a slight foul smell of exhaust gas from the engine compartment. Is there any possibility of a leak there?
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    3rd service query

My 3rd service will be done after a month. I was trying to get some information about things that needs to be changed.
    Here is the items collected from manual

Change pollen filter (every 15000 kms)
    Change brake / clutch fluid (every 60000 kms or24 months,whichever is earlier)
    Change of engine coolant (every 60000 kms or 24 months,whichever is earlier)
    Change of transmission oil (every 60000 kms or 24 months,whichever is earlier)
    Change power steering oil every 24 months
    Engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter (every 1year/12 months)

My car will be at 11K on odo and completing 2 years. Do I Change the above items that ask for replacement in every 24 months?
    Should I change the pollen filter?

Another query is about the item "Check evaporation control system" on periodic maintenance section Can any one throw some light on this