1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I decided to remove the suncontrol film from my punto. When I was about to tear the film from rear my better half doesn't like it and asked me not to take it. I was in a dilemma.It is almost transparent. I decided to to enjoy some more days with the film. Some how we are very much attached to the current look of our punto. In this confusion I dropped the key in boot and closed it. Taken the duplicate key from home and opened it. I think one should never carry the key in hand while opening boot for safety purpose.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oops. Thank god that you had access to the duplicate key. I was checkmated that day when I dropped both the keys in the boot.
    2 people like this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Somehow I'm very paranoid while closing the boot. Whenever I close the boot, first my hand goes in pocket to check if the key is in pocket, only then the bonnet is closed.
    2 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Now my journey will be only with Punto. I am going to sell my alto which served me from 2005. Great companion.
    It has crossed 40.5 K and another 1K is going to cover today since I am taking this to chennai.

I got it when the mileage was 8K and with 3rd free service. The maintenance coast was 56.5 K for 7 years/40.5 K kms. This include routine maintenance.
    So if we compare 1year service interval of European cars the coast is ~8K per year.

Yesterday I changed wiper blades(both) and the coast including labour was 415. They also did a quick check up without my request since I am taking this for a long run.:)
    Thanks Maruti, for giving a wonderful companion and excellent service.:)
    2 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I removed the sun control film from my punto. I could have taken him without much trouble since I usually take him in the evening where there is less chance for a catch. But the feeling that my punto always move like a criminal hiding from cops is disturbing me and I don't want him to make an entry in to record book of traffic police. So removed it myself. There was not much difference(in terms of look) before and after removal as I was using diamond series film from Llumar, which is almost transparent. Rear glass removal was not proper and it is sticky and lot of marks. I was little bit fast in removing it. I need some thinner solution to fix it. Any other suggestions?
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Did you try spraying Mr.Muscle or just water and rubbing with newspaper? It worked well for me.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is resistant to anything that I applied. Finally bought a can of thinner and with a herculean effort it is vanishing. Still left some portion. The can is almost empty. :mad:
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Need a advice.
    I am planning to go for a trip in Sept last week of 500+500=1000km Total. my 3rd service is due on october 2nd week. Should I service the vehicle before going(last week of sept) or is it better to service it after finishing the trip? My usage in last year was very minimal hardly 5K.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If there are no specific issues to be addressed, then I think you can complete the trip and then do the service. Just check all the fluid levels, and keep backup of engine oil, brake/clutch fluid and coolant.
    Another thing is, during long trips, you will get an opportunity to observe the vehicle closely.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. As far as now there is no issues with vehicle. Can I purchase brake fluid from TASS?. I have coolant and engine oil with me.