1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Same thing happened to me... Monsoon started quite late in Ahmedabad and when it started, I noticed that the front left hand side wiper's rubber blade peeled off exactly the same manner you have shown in the pic... Visited TASS in the morning... It costed me Rs.617... :(

Just like you said Sungoa... they are charging Rs.617 which they can easily manage in Rs.50, if they change only Rubber Part(Like the barbers put the blade in the "Astra" :D). Moreover they are Polluting Earth with extra plastic.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The new gift for presto has arrived today:). Bought garmin nuvi 40LM navigator. Here is what I received. I will give a more details in GPS thread.
    DSC02437.jpg

I called one of the distributor in Mumbai and he send it to one dealer near to my place.
    3 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sun, if you have provision for loading external maps then try out MapMyIndia V7.0. It is very good indeed.
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It comes with an SD card slot. Just get a 4GB MSD card and load any number of additional maps!
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks. Ordered one from flip cart. They are much cheaper in FK compared to shop.

Regarding Engine oil change :My next service is in October. Do we have to flush the engine before changing oil? My odo reading will be <15K at that time?
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    not required,during my third service the oil have been changed to selenia as per TASS.Previously was running on Mobil Delvac1.
    i didnt found any difference in drive due to the brand change of oil.

TASS wont do engine flush otherwise we would have seen another 400 to 500 INR on the service invoice.
    2 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How do we connect charger to car 12V outlet. I want to charge my GPS device. I never used the power outlet neither in punto nor in my alto.
    Do we have to simply push the jack to the outlet after removing the cap? Do I have to purchase any thing extra?
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You got it. It is as simple as that.

But, I am surprised to know that you never used the power socket in your car. :)
    2 people like this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ha Ha. I had the impression that if I use it for things like vacuum cleaner etc it may affect the life of battery. Now I have no other option with garmin.:)
    +1 I don't smoke and always charge my mobile at home;)
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Even I use it only for my garmin device these days. For some time, i used it for the FM modulator...got bored of it and I am not using it now...It's my son's property now :)
    1 person likes this.