1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Face to Face
    DSC02388.jpg
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Imagine how I will be after adding that 43mm length that I lost for cruel tax cut in India
    DSC02382.jpg
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    A very small gift for my Presto

Today Tass called me and informed that the the door sil protection plate has arrived? Got it fixed. Payed Rs. 400. I am not able to stop my love for my punto in a small gift. So decided to go one step further and decided to go for a driving aid for her. During my last Mahabaleswar trip(http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/5630-journey-land-exotic-beaches-hills-red-strawberries-punto.html), I had to take print out of google map and my better half was playing the role of GPS navigator. When both the driver and human navigator confused together I had to stop and ask for route at few times. Moreover I was out of concentration while with one eye concentrating on road and with other one searching for the hotel. So I felt the need for a dedicated Non human GPS navigator so that my better half can take relax in a better way. Ordered for garmin nuvi 40LM/50LM. Will get in few days. I will give detailed report once I get it. So my Punto is going to get a companion.:D

I would like to convey my thanks to Ramesh for his offer. He told, before I ask, that he can courier the sil plates from chennai dealer, where it is available.Thanks Ramesh. I thought let me try how efficient is the fiat customer care and called them. It worked and I got a call few days after from TATA dealer saying that part has arrived.Also thanks for Ravi sir for suggesting the availability at GP road,Chennai.:D
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congrats on the new additions!

The Non-human GPS devices can sometimes turn inhuman if we trust them 100%, blindly. Many a time, we have to use our judgement and attempt routes that the device doesn't show, and then the device will recalculate and show the correct route. For city navigation, it is more than 90% accurate.
    Better half is always a better navigator, with or without GPS :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sun, good to know that you got the sil plates. I would love to see some pictures :).

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

True. Sometimes, we may have to use our common sense for the navigation. You will get adapted to that automatically when you start using the GPS. But, I don't call that this is the limitation of the device. The limitation is because of the poor infrastructure in India. GPS's just work perfectly 99.99999% in developed countries like US and UK.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks fiatlover and ramesh. I quickly went in lunch break and forgot to take camera. Will surely put a picture.:D
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    True. It's the limitation of the infrastructure and certainly not the device. I would love to live till a day when we get real-time traffic on our roads. You never know when one-way becomes two-way or vice-versa.
    Apart from the devices we use, the maps also need to be accurate to guide you correctly. Initially, I had only satguide maps, which is highly inaccurate on highways and smaller towns. It showed me that I am off roading and kept telling me that "please come to the highlighted road" or "please take a U-turn". I just switched off the voice prompt and poceeded.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have seen a comparison of tom tom vs garmin in you tube and the way the US roads are organized it works perfectly. Anyway I have to ask my better half to assist me for some more time.
    The dealer had ordered 2 models, 50LM and 40LM. Both comes with lifetime free map upgrade and there is no blue tooth and mp3 player. Blue tooth I had to sacrifice for price. Now I can connect my phone to HU via aux cable so attending call is not that difficult, once I opt any key answer feature in my mobile.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hmm. I always plan the routes in advance and see the google maps to record the important intersections and deviations in my brain. And then, with the help of GPS, I just continue my drive. I always use the via points in the GPS to select the route which I have already decided by seeing the google maps.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is some pictures of sil protection plate.
    DSC02421.JPG DSC02426.JPG

DSC02428.JPG DSC02435.JPG
    2 people like this.