1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Each of Linea variants were more loaded compered to their punto counter parts.For example I think active had four dour electric windows but punto active had only for front door.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I want to go for a door sil protection plate for my Punto. For the last one year he has been performing very well without any complaints and I thought of giving a small gift for him. It is almost two months that I placed order at showroom. Can I get it from outside? How is the quality?

The price of the item at fiat site is Rs. 390. Is it for one piece? Do they take labour charge to fit them?
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This OE part from Fiat is of high quality and really good. Don't get it from outside. Rs. 390 is worth the money. Fitting is not a major task. You can do it yourself too. It will be 2 piece door sills only for the front doors. It is readily available at TAFE and VST in Chennai. You could have given a try with them when you were in Chennai. Never mind. See if they can get one for you. Otherwise, I don't mind shipping it to you from Chennai :).
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks ram. Do they have sil plates for rear? I saw some link in TFI by other member, where rear one is also available(in ebay). Does rear one come for Linea?

I am planning another trip to chennai for a family function in August and will try to get it from TAFE/VST. Once again thanks for the offer:)
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The OE part doesn't come with the plates for rear.
    Sure, If I visit Goa before that, I can handover the sills to you in person ;). No issues.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea has non-illuminating door sill plates for both front and rear doors. The details are here.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks Ravi sir and Ramesh. The one in Linea looks great. I was near to that place last month for some work at Sundaram Finance:)
    Ramesh, I will once again conform with Goa dealer and if he can get it that will be OK.
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Today I was free in the evening and thought about bringing some redness to my thread. But it is monsoon time. Sun is not at it's best appearance but altogether it gave a romantic mood for my punto who decided to enjoy the evening.

Ye lal rang kab mujhe chodega?
    DSC02373.jpg

Punto enjoys the openness of dark sky.
    DSC02389.jpg

My punto's favorite pause
    DSC02394.jpg
    3 people like this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The final waxing just before monsoon had made my life easy now. It is now easy to clean the car in monsoon. Water is unable to stay for a long time on that shining red surface:)
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Black and White theme
    DSC02376.JPG
    1 person likes this.