1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Owner's pride in Exotica red: Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sungoa2010, Nov 25, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some cars are designed with passion.
    Some cars are made with Passion.
    Some cars can be driven with passion.
    Some cars can be possessed with passion.
    Some cars can only be seen with passion.

Punto and linea are oe of the few cars that belongs to all the above catogories. That was the reason what made me to choose Grante Punto as my new car.
    Got delivered Punto Emotion 1.4 Emotion BS IV in October 2010.

First impression: The car felt as if it is riding on a carpet. Rock solid feeling. Hydrolic steering will make you to fuse with it. 100 marks for drive. Plastic quality is not bad compared to other hachbacks except Fabia. Only Fit and Finish is one thing were Fiat need to concentrate. Only practical difficulty I noticed was lack of a storage space for big bottle. Otherwise it is a well built car with lot of attention given to practicality. I like the display control with fingers, instant FE, trip meters, average FE, tilt steering, rear AC vents, electric mirror adjustment, ... list goes on(refer line 2 of my post). One cannot hate this car eventhouh it can give some small problems which can be resolved. I should also mention about the manual. It is written with clarity. And finally I cannot stop here without mentioning the foldable remote look. Awsome package.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good choice and enjoy your ride.

Do share some pictures of your beauty.
  3. Congrats on your Punto by the way which part of Goa are you from ? Am a goan too from Margao.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am posting some pictures here. Extra modifications :Stanley leather seat(23 K), LLumar suncontrol film (11K) got a discounted price of 8,5K since I had piurchased both from same shop(Impulse car , Vasco).

DSC01490.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  5. Roadrash30

Roadrash30

Goa
    Nice pics...gr8
    As u have mentioned that heat rejection film is 93%.But I cant see them that dark.
    I have done too with 50% all glasses including front( RTO approved) for 3.5 K.
    hey do reply me regarding the other service station at fatorda.Am not aware of that.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks ! Actually darkness is nothing to do with heat protection. Dark one is for more privacy and look. I would have gone for dark one in case of BSW or minimal greay. Heat rays are infrared rays and a good engineered meterial can give very good heat rejection at the same time without disturbing the transparancy. Some high end car owners doesn't like to block the view of their interiers which is an integral part of the premium look of the car. In my case I choose it for more visibility and red and dark will not go well. I got the film from Impulse car Vasco and the person there demonstrated with various film how effectively each one block the heat with same heat souce. I had invested lot for my Leather seat so I need a very good film to protect it. (Only the last photo is taken after getting the suncontol film. Other photos are taken before that. )
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is some more pictures

06112010.jpg

29112010(001).jpg
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Some more pictures of my red Punto.

DSC01554.JPG
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    looks cool i know the feeling of owing a red car. i still have the red fire petrol uno n u shud see how the color is after 13yrs and 2lakh plus kms. still shining like new
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    3500 km experiences

Extra modification : Fabric to leather seats(black), sun control film(AIR 75), Filled nitrogen in tyres, free AC upgradation by fiat

FE : For short trips(50 km) with 70-80 kmph achieved 18-19 many times. Few time achieved 20-21 with very careful driving. On highway for long trip 15-16 kmpl with frequent overtaking(typical NH 17 traffic). Never get a chance to drive in Express Highway.

Driving : Very much satisfied with my purchase. The car has given ultimate driving comfort. I enjoyed driving it in city,highway and Ghat section with superb maneuverability.4th gear is sufficient in most cases for quick overtake. cruising in 80-90 is a pleasure and 100+ is a thrilling. Another thing to mention is that steering is very accurate and quick and one can do high speed driving in narrow roads with ease. Gear has become very smooth.

Problems and solutions : 1. Engine and temperature warning light blinking while cold start. This has been resolved by ECU updation 2. slight left pulling. By interchanging the front tyres had resolved it. 3. Got two Scratches. One has gone with polishing and other got removed(to some extend) with com-paint.

Service : First service done at dealers showroom at 1500 km(3 months). General check up at 3500 km before a long drive with coolant(water) and engine oil top up and air filter cleaning. Done wheel alignment and balancing done at outside TASS. For after sale service I will give 6/10.

Car care :Done underbody coating, 3 M paint protection, Collinite 915 waxing. Daily wash body, wheel cap and tyres with plain water without shampoo. interior cleaning twice in a month.

Things that could have been better In first gear the engine sounds little bit unrefined. More storage space for bottles is needed especially in long drives. Armrest could have been given as a accessory. Apart from that my mind doesn't complaint about anything when I am inside my Punto. I bought it for fun drive and safety and it exactly gives me what I want.