1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Overnight trip from Mumbai to Nashik

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by johnny, Jul 20, 2012.

1. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Three days back, we (wife and I) made an overnight trip to Nashik.

We set out from Colaba at 0600 AM. After CST railway station, I got on to the JJ Flyover. After that it was just a question of following the flyovers on to the Eastern Expressway, and on to NH-3 which goes on to Nashik.

Since we started early, we could exit Mumbai within about 35 to 40 mins. After that the road was really good. It is 4 lane with a short ghat section to make the drive interesting. On the way out, we had intermittent rains. So, that made the weather cool, and it was comfortable with the windows open about 2 to 3 inches. The door visors which I had installed proved very effective. Even in the very heavy rain which we had on the return trip, no rain entered the car with the windows down 2 to 3 inches. This also ensured adequate air circulation in the car.

Another interesting point was the wet grip of the much maligned Dunlop GT3s. My tyres have finished 35000 kms. Even in the heavy rain which we experienced on the way back, and the ghat roads, the tyres still inspired total confidence with their grip. The car was totally under control.

About 100 kms out from Mumbai, there is a new eating joint that has come up. We stopped for breakfast on the way out. The food was very nice, and there was ample parking. On the way back, we could not stop at this place since there is no cut in the road divider close by. I am attaching a few photos of this place.
    front-view.jpg front-view-2.jpg

While driving during the monsoons has its minus points, one major plus point is that the scenery looks washed and bright. The green colour almost hurts your eyes. I am attaching a few photos of the sides of the road, the road itself, and a view from the car.

On the whole it was an enjoyable trip, which I am sure local Mumbaikars may have done many times. If you have'nt, do so during the monsoons. It is a short drive - just 180 kms.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

You meant Good Year GT3 perhaps? If so, I completely agree. Even after 46 k km, my Linea's GT3s still have 4 mm deep tread with many more thousands of km of remaining life. Not a single puncture during my Leh and Bhutan trips.:)
    4 people like this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

The route from kasara ghats and Igatpuri is good. However when it is foggy one has to be careful. A few years back my cab driver almost drove off the road

I beleive that the GoodYear tyres offer a very good grip
  4. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Nice photos. I also traveled on the same route two weeks ago. The trip was good, but there were 2 things I felt very annoying. First, there are speed breakers on the expressway. What the hell ! and second, all of a sudden you will encounter cattle/villager crossing the road/cyclist driving in 1st/2nd lane. Did you encounter any of these?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

My bad. Yes Good Year GT3s. So, far I am a satisfied customer. The so called road noise had never been an issue with me since I generally have my music on when I drive.

I had a few patches in the ghats where we drove through the low clouds, especially on the return. However they were very small patches. There was no fog. In foggy conditions, the ghat section can be challenging.

Thanks. There were a few 'rumble-strips'. But these are very well marked and do not take you by surprise like the speed breakers that you find on the Mumbai highway in Gujarat. This gives adequate time to slow down. Maybe because of the rain, I did not have any pedestrians/cyclists crossing. Another plus point of driving during the monsoons, I suppose.

2 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have anyone recently travelled from Mumbai to nashik ?
    if yes,please update about the road conditions.
    Will be an night journey