1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ours Battle Tank - FiAt LiNeA MuLtIjEt EmOtIoN :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by bharath, Nov 12, 2013.

1. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Maybe to underline the European connection our cars have? ;)
    2 people like this.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
  3. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    perfect review buddy...i have started my addiction to fiat when i was 14,since my dad had a plan to buy a used uno or palio.eventhough that plan cancelled,since then palio became my favourite car..and when fiat again came to india,i was sure that once we change the car,it will be a punto or linea.....
    the funny fact is that once we bought liinea,many people asked me "why dont u people buy a swift?"...i dont know whether they cant atleast differentiate a sedan and a hatchback...here in my area,swift is the last word in diesel htchbacks..so strange
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    3 people like this.
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Vipin for the compliment :)..Yes correct ,even I was asked why not Swift or Dzire or Verna (a Verna suggested for a Fiatian :confused:).Now I realize why even the people who aspire to buy a Fiat finally backoff ! Well, I always felt Keralites know much about Fiat than any other state since I myself have seen lot of Lineas & Puntos there.May be,in the recent times German and Jap brands penetrated much than this Italian :(.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    It has been a while updating the thread and it is time to put some updates.Its been 115 days since the purchase of the Italian beauty and so far we have just managed to cross 5000 km and yet to give for the first service (confirmed from the dealer for a prvileage of another 1000 km since we are not able to bring to Coimbatore from Karur as of now).I have planned to give in another two weeks for the service at CAI,Coimbatore which I believe should not be any issues as it maintains a good record of late.
    So far, the drive has been an immense pleasure giving you much control and confidence on high speeds and ironing out the bad roads ::T.Since the drive is only on the highways ,we always get from 17 to 21 depending on my mood :p with the max speed done at 130 km once.The attention that it gets wherever it goes inspite of the presence of several new cars parked (Honda Amaze,Ecosport,Verna or even the BMW 3 series once) makes me to feel like Mala da,Annamala (Tamil guys know this famous Rajnikanth dialogue]

12sld3.jpg

But I still feel pity that people with lot of ignorance opt for tin boxes just for brand image and resale value.I don't know whom to blame for this tradition but atleast I didn't want to be in that group and rather chose the FIAT world even it is much smaller and still unknown to many people! Anyway, I nevermind these as long it keeps me happy on the paths I travel and keeps me and my family safe:car .

DSC_2109.jpg

DSC_2107.jpg

DSC_2129.jpg

Two more purchases (Jopasu Duster-Combo & a Fiat key chain)were done after the car cover and that's it still ! I am thinking to buy an interior vacuum cleaner and some exterior wax (confused what to buy for these two).Any suggestions are always welcome.

The Jopasu duster -This was recommended in many reviews and without any doubt bought this item.This wipes out the dust really good and eliminates the need opf water wash now and then.The water wash is done on a monthly basis with just water and cloth::V.One question though ,CAN I USE NORMAL SHAMPOO for cleaning the exteriors (a single time wash though).. I have done this on my bike and it proved to be good maintaining the shine for some period.

Jopasu Duster Combo Pack | eBay

DSC_2122.jpg

Well ,a FIAT key chain bought from Belgium ebay.LOL for the picture::V.

DSC_2057.jpg
    3 people like this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    nice pics!! yes jopasu is worth buying!!

Happy Riding!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Congrats Bharath on the 5000 km mark.

Annamala effect is ultimate :clapping

If you have a normal house hold vaccum cleaner that's very much sufficient (considering the parking space you've got).
    I've been using Meguiar's NXT Tech wax 2.0 (which actually is a synthetic wax or sealant) and quite happy with it (proof: people back at my native ask if I don't use the car as it looks new always. They react with surprise when I say it crossed 23K kms in 1.5 years)

Caution: people complain regular usage of hair wash shampoos could lead to hair loss :-D
    we can very well argue "when I can use regular shampoo for hair why not on the car?" But, it's advisable to stick to the car shampoos as they are tested for clear coat safety. Recommend Sonax shampoo which is easy to source.

A suggestion would be to wash the car only when it is dirty. Do not employ anyone to wash the vehicle as it'll bring swirl marks and hard water marks soon (worst case would be rust formation - kindly refer my thread here). Wash the vehicle with a car shampoo (not in hot sun) using wash mitt or a good microfiber towel and wax it with Meguiar's or any good brands. Meguiar's wax easily protects the vehicle for 2 months minimum.
    1 person likes this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thank you Abhishek .Even the duster sells well by right marketing :).Fiat India, take a look at the power of marketing&ads.

Thanks Deva for the wishes and suggestions.I keep hearing these Meguiar's and Sonax for sometime and I think that I will end up buying these at the end.As you have said said , I am really not employing anybody to clean it other than me :).
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  9. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Bharath, how much did you pay for the key chain? I bought through eBAY and paid around 950/- and it was shipped from UK I guess.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I sent the link to my friend who was returning from onsite (Belgium) and he bought it for me :).It should be some 300+ rupees if calculated.

NEW Fiat Keyring Keychain 500 Punto Bravo Panda UNO Sport Multipla RED Gift BOX | eBay

Fiat.jpg

The below one was also ordered but somehow it is not yet sent :(.

NEW Style Metal Abarth Badge Keyring KEY Chain Fiat 500 | eBay

Abarth.jpg
    2 people like this.