1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ours Battle Tank - FiAt LiNeA MuLtIjEt EmOtIoN :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by bharath, Nov 12, 2013.

1. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Hi Bharath,
    I totally agree with Gurjinder. He is spot on "the more you drive Linea the more you will know about it". Even i used to feel that power is little less but after driving for about 24000 Kms i feel the car actually grows on you and power is no issue once you get the hang of gear changing and accelerator pressing.

Wishing you happy and safe driving!
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Vaibhav.This is so pleasing to hear again:p.I am waiting for this initial period to move on quickly.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Much of JOY and some UPDATES :::

:pLINEA has covered around 1100 Kms as of now with not much of testing on its strength (hills/terrible roads) and as said it was mostly on the highways.So far ,

1)The handling is a JOY ,ride is GOOD but not so good @ low speeds on not so good roads(The culprit could be post 2012 hard suspension) ,feel of safety & sitting comfort is just awesome.
    2)The stability is good and like someone mentioned, it just runs on RAILS but it shows body roll when cornered in some reasonable speeds.
    3)The gearbox SHOULD be used well along with the CLUTCH to enjoy the consistent move or else you will see the car just moving and not running fast!!!!I hope this scenario gets better as some 'x' k kms are done..
    4)No complaints about the headlights (both low & high beam) atleast to me and to this point..
    5)The mileage factor is good at this point ranging from 16-17 km/l and hoping for an improvement around 19-20 km/l (but with increase in speed and rpm parameters-no sacrifices here ;))..

About Fuel Station::
    To share some words about the fuel bunk, I was inclined towards Bharath Petroleum right from the beginning (not bcoz we both share the same name :D) since my bike (Fazer) liked the taste & refinement (which I think) of petrol from here and the engine sounded better with noticeable increase in mileage.The case with HP & Indian Oil was terrible in which the engine cried and screamed.So its going to be Bharath for my LINEA as well..

Leather Seats:confused:::
    Is it adviceable to put seat covers on LEATHER SEATS again fearing that it would get dirty or rip apart? so where comes the purpose of buying the higher end with leather seats and gain covering it up ?I am little confused here and in need of suggestion.

OMG Pooja again::
    DSC_1719.jpg

Read for take off::
    DSC_1739.jpg

Plush Plush Plush::
    DSC_1738.jpg

Find out the hidden image;-)::
    DSC_1740.jpg

Hey Linea,I like the alloy but not that gap..I see the mechanical stuffs:firey (Will try to hide Oneday ;-))::
    DSC_1741.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  4. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Bharath,

Nice to see that your car is covered 1100 kms. Surprised to see you yet to remove the covers from the seat. There are foams available in 3M which you can use to clean the leather seats using their cloths. I believe the cost for both foam and cloth around Rs. 1000 /-. Hope you got the regn number.

Mileage, are you referring to overall or only in highway? I am getting around 12 kmpl in city (of course B2B traffic) and highways I got 20.9 kmpl (I was driving around 80 to 90 kmph).

Fuel station, IMO BP is very good. May be you have to find out the Lorry owners association fuel stations in CBE and start using it. When I was in Sankagiri, I used the lorry owners association fuel station (both BP and IOC) and I got a discount of 60 paise per liter and they don't cheat you with the meter reading.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Hi Dhaya ,we didn't want to remove the plastic covers for sometime till we get seat covers (I actually didn't want to buy) as my parents were cautious not to use the leather seats without protection:eek:.I will look forward for the foam and the cloth instead of seat covers.The car is in my native Karur and not in Coimbatore (my work location).We have nothing to use the car within Karur and so we do highway running only (so far we used car to Erode,Coimbatore,Trichy and some other places distancing 40 kms)..So the mileage is an overall count around 17 km/l (this includes some mad testing with gears sometimes :D)..
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Hi Bharath, I understand it's a matter of personal choice, but the leather upholstery provided in Linea can withstand some level of abuse and you can always remove the dirt with some cleaning agents any time.
    IMO, additional covers over these leather seats would spoil it's beauty. Just my 2 cents, it's your car anyway.. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Bharath, I would suggest you to try IOCL diesel from Shanti Gears petrol pump on trichy road, once. They are the best for MJDs, and I think you should be knowing about the genuineness of the bunk.
    1 person likes this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Hi Deva,I have no different thoughts from what you have said:p..I exactly thought the same --> ''additional covers over these leather seats would spoil it's beauty''...I just wanted to make sure no more upgrades are necessary for this particular leather seats..My father sees thsi as "leather seats will get spoiled if not done any additional support/care:confused:"..I can only try to convince and run with plastic covers over it till they rip apart;-)..Thank you Deva !

Thanks Drivr.I think I have used this pump once or twice for filling my bike..Since my car is used in Karur (native) only and not in CBE (work location) ,its going to be a rare case using this pump.
  9. vsivaku

vsivaku Novizio

bangalore
    I got the same feeling about the whitish upholstery when i first saw the 2013 model car in Flesh during the test drive. I was so aligned to take up the dynamic variant which has got fabric upholstery that could be washed or covered. I have washed my palio fabric seats with water and dried in sun..Think it works the same way in Linea too. But after seeing the plush offered in leather seats, my wife was too inclined towards emotion variant. Also, we would lose the beautiful 16 inch alloys, side chrome strips, rear curtain to name a few. Put the same doubt to the SA and he advised me to clean with soap water and also assured that the seats are built to last. The immedieate thing i did was to order Amway Leather and vinyl cleaner online :)

So far havent got the seats soiled and hence did not get a chance to test the products cleaning skills..
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    @Siva...Exactly Siva! I thought emotion just with 40k more than dynamic provides a good value to the car..So I have decided not to go further with seat covers and look for cleaning materials as of now..