1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Ours Battle Tank - FiAt LiNeA MuLtIjEt EmOtIoN :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by bharath, Nov 12, 2013.

1. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Hello friends,

PART 1::

As promised earlier ,I would like to share my views and experiences of Linea MJD Emotion which we took delivery @CAI, Coimbatore.I hope my second attempt to write this ownership thread should not break anywhere in between :evilsmile(No more wrong clicks here and there)..

Brand Choice::
    Right after the purchase of my bike (Yamaha Fazer) ,the auto world/bike/car arena became one of my interests and I started reading in many forums,websites and books no matter whether I buy it or not ..It's been a mad reading all these two plus years and I don't remember the point where I started focusing on FIAT.Just like anyone, I see FIAT as a terrific engineering student but a poor management fellow who has lot of lessons to learn from someone like Hyundai.Nevertheless ,it was not enough to stop me from buying one from FIAT stable (To buy FIAT ,conditions apply -Knowledge ,Taste & most importantly GUTS are required :cool:).

Car Choice:
    Being a Fiat singing Pied Piper,this was not at all a tough choice.But the competition was just within FIAT itself and was quite successful getting confused with the below choices since I wanted a sedan.

1) Yenni Linea 1.6 MJD -->I was damn sure about this thing to arrive until I get confirmation from CAI dealers that whatever being tested somewhere on the roads of Pune is ONLY 1.3 mjd and FIAT has just no plans to bring it (sorry if I break the speculation but I would be more than happy if this news is false).If there was any customization for Linea (present in 500 family series) , I would have simply gone for 1.6 MJD and the dashboard layout from Yenni Linea to get installed in the current version.The current version is better in external looks to me.

Fiat Linea 2012 - YouTube

2)Linea Tjet --> Since the car would run less than 1000 km per month ,I almost went for this one but the mileage factor was worrying me now and then.I see people saying that "sensible driving would fetch you mileage" but then I felt only saints can do it! Since it is almost a addicitive race car, I know that I would never drive sensibly but "sensibly and FAST" :rage.Finally ,with a heavy heart ,I decided to give up since my parents wanted a practical car without fear of taking it out each time (After all we want a car to drive 'n' number of times and feel it).But still I like the quote "There is more to life than km/l" ;) as someone says!

3) Do I need to say the final contender was Linea MJD. The core issues that I saw and read in more places are smaller engine and 'Turbo Lag' which I would come at the bottom.Other than than ,I felt the plastics to be hard and sturdy and so what ? To me as long they dont wear and tear ,I can live happily with that.I required a healthy built&construction in the car ,handling,ride,comfort,safety features with a reasonable service/spares backup that don't burns my packet a lot and could see only FIAT & LINEA fits in and nothing else.I see this as a complete VFM package which no other manufaturer dares to offer.I didn't care the monthly sales,resale,niggles(not sure),limited dealership/service stations and most importantly I knew that I should be prepared to answer a lot of people about

1)Why FIAT,why Linea,
    2)Why not Hondo City or VW Vento or SK Rapid or Fd EcoSport
    3)How about the monthly sales of Fiat Linea ,resale value,dealers count
    4) Yes of course ,what are FIAT and Linea

Verdict:
    1) As said ,we can only hope for 1.6 MJD and should be a dream come true for any Fiatian if it happens.
    2)If you care only the power and drive and no respect for 'M' factor ,buy Tjet -A non red Ferrari in a VFM package who cannot afford to buy a whooping 10Crore big 'F'.
    3)For those who still want a Linea with all the tjet comforts but a little less burning of money and fuel ,the MJD is always there for you.The chapter is closed.

Ecosport:
    To share some words on this baby beast ,I always kind of interested (not so keen in buying though) in its small but robust looks right from the day it was launched in Brazil and like anybody ,I wanted this to arrive India and see how it actually looks and behaves.Since my friend was interested in buying it ,we decided to test it out once it arrives India.On some day after a long wait ,we both had a good looks and TD of the car.
    1)The car is too good in most aspects right from built quality,looks,price package and it is a SUV.
    2)I was particular about the drive but felt disappointed with the steering feedback.It was too light to my taste and it felt nothing with the ground.The hydraulic was my choice and I felt Ford did something wrong by giving an electric one(not sure what's technical behind that)
    3)We heard that the spare wheel cover with Ecosport written on it costs a whooping 11k and that was enough for me and my friend to run out of the showroom.Ford has always been clever by selling the car a reasonable rate and later on drilling with services/spares.
    4)For those who are not keen about steering blah blah ,Ford service/spares blah blah, Ecosport is still a GREAT CAR to own.Again it's all just about MONEY & TASTE.

Car Buying Experience ::
    And here comes the much awaited climax after nearly 2+ years which I have been reading,seeing,dreaming and even touching.It was just the perfect time to pick the car due to the reasons as follows:
    1) A much awaited separation from TATA.I have been following Linea right under the roof of TAFE and I was even offered Indica once:chair:.I understand how the Fiat owners would have felt in those times.
    2)A sweet one lakh exchange/loyalty bonus.We had no car but was loyal to the brand.We just had to submit the RC/insurance xerox of the M800 which we were driving for rough usage (our family friend owns it) and M800 was sold by the real owner to MS in exchange of ALTO before we could lay our hands on our Linea .If anybody get confused, please read one more time:-D..FIAT dealer had no issues with it as long as they get a copy of above said docs.
    3)My US visa got denied after RFE process for an unknown reason till date :confused and I just wanted to forget it asap

CAI dealership @Coimbatore was honest,helpful and professional throughout the course of the buying process and I should say that it was a decent job done by them.Right from the TD vehicle brought to my office campus till the delivery time and till now, it has been a hassle free experience and I would recommend them who looks to buy a FIAT IN and AROUND Coimbatore.

To be exact ,the final on road price of Linea MJD Emotion Tuscan Wine came to be 1007800 that includes (1L exchange bonus,16k insurance bonus,5k corporate discount,free accessories that cost 3k-just the mudflaps and mats) and so no free of anything from here on.The things spent after the buy was for the car cover (Dupont Tyvek Material -a whooooooping 3k) and Diesel (A 10 litre coupon was handed over by the dealer after the delivery ).

Car Delivery::

Since I work in Coimbatore and my native is Karur , the plan was to pick the car in Cbe right before Diwali on Wednesday (Oct-30) and make a move to native for the rest of the week.I reached the showroom and my parents were already present there waiting for the car to arrive the showroom.I should say here that I took the PDI xerox with me downloaded from TFI but was not able to do from top to bottom since it was a delivery/pooja time but was still good enough whatever so called PDI I did.

PART 2:
    It is time to have some refresh after some wear and tear essay

My Parents,Me,and the drivetrain:
    DSC_1614.jpg

Me and the babe:
    DSC_1625.jpg

She alone::
    DSC_1616.jpg

DSC_1618.jpg

DSC_1619.jpg

CAI dealership::
    DSC_1624.jpg

We had planned to move to Siva temple to a nearby place called Perur by evening and then all the way to Karur -some good 130 kms from Coimbatore.The car will be mainly used for highway drives ,for occasional long trips by my parents and weekends drives by me as of now.Please bare the photo quality of the night snaps at the temple.

Coconut on Fire;)
    DSC_1626.jpg

Right before Temple
    DSC_1628.jpg

It was already high time to fly to my native.From here on ,no stops till Karur :car .End of a very happy,exciting,jaw dropping,proud,smiley,ever remembered Wednesday.Thanks to all the support provided by my parents,friends and the staff of CAI who all made the day very successful :up.

--To be continued from my native standpoint !!!!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    16 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congratulations :)

Like I always say - The more you will drive it, the more you will love it.
    1 person likes this.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Tuscan wine Linea home. Looks smashing when its neat and shining.

Enjoy many more happy miles with the Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats for the ride dude :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations Bharath. Tuscan wine on linea looks much better.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Bharath, Congratulations your Linea looks awesome..
    1 person likes this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Congratulations, as always a poetic write up by a Fiatian.
    Wow, your very first car is a 10l car, way to live.Wish your 3rd car be a 100l car.
    2 people like this.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Congrats Bharath !! Have a happy and safe drive.
    1 person likes this.
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations.. Enjoy... Liked the below.. Wish you more wednesdays of Sunday through Saturday..

1 person likes this.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Thanks Gurjinder.Yes ,this is especially true with FIAT ! "More we drive ,More we love":cool:

Thanks for the wishes Krishna.Yes ,the colour is the first noticeable thing to everybody right from purchase till now ! Though I will have to break my back to maintain her coat ,I am more than happy with the colour choice.

Thanks Rishike.Looking forward to explore her more.Until then ,I can only be in 'slow and steady wins the race' mode for sometime ::V

Thanks Shashank.As said,my parents choice of colour was white but later on they pretty much liked Maroon:up.Either under Sun (dark colour) or under the roof ,I felt this colour is just too hot:D.

Thanks Surya.But one thing ,its not just mine but the timeless design does the trick:up

Thanks Bala for the comment.Yes ,Linea just bought me to be my first car:D. 100L oh wow ah ha ::O

Thanks Deva ! I would stick to be sensible as always :p.

Thanks limraj.That was truely a lovely day to say right from morning till bed.It was a jaw dropping day for everybody whereever she went!
    1 person likes this.