1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Our T-Jet Dynamic Minimal Grey -- Journey begins

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rusticnomad, Apr 11, 2014.

1. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Got a reply from the CRM Boss with CC to few in loop wrt rusting issue:

Good afternoon,
    We will revert back to you. Please bear.

Let's see what the outcome will be. Will be visiting Sc on Friday after confirming about spares availability (roof beading that's coming off from one side).
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @rusticnomad, good pictures!

Its bad that you are facing rust issue. Is your car parked in open? This year we have had very good rain in Indore. Anyway, we all must be watchful for rusting signs.

Hope to meet you some day at FASS. I shall be going there tomorrow. I am planning to go south next week-end.

Ravi_M
    rusticnomad likes this.
  3. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ravi_M -- Society parking within compound but yes, it's open. Well, i guess it's not a major issue, but it still is there. Last serving they oiled the bolts, but that was just a band aid soln. Perhaps now, they may think of replacing them, unless they have some other solution in mind.

Sure we can meet at FASS, my yearly servicing is in April.
    Enjoy your South trip. Drive safe.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Get that rust fixed and the roof crevices cleaned and all. Use wax more often and use wax and wash solution always. If possible don't wash daily. Twice a week or as needed.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    rusticnomad likes this.
  5. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat Love is not new to our family. This is the Fiat that I self-learned driving on -- in 1977-78. This is on Bokaro - Jamshedpur route.
    This is the model before "Premier Padmini" tag. Snap lacks clarity as it is snap of a snap. The taller one is me :)

DSC01025.JPG
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2015 ---
    BTW, I was paid Rs 20/month by my dad to ensure that the car is all shiny. Used to be paid 100/75/50 bucks every time I ranked 1/2/3. I collected 650 bucks this way and bought "Hegde And Golay" digital wrist watch on Xth, which now must be available for 50 bucks :)
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  6. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Update:

FCA personnel (Mr Valsan) visited from Mumbai for inspection. Mr Mangesh was in touch over emails as follow up. Workshop was all engaged so my timing is fixed for replacement of roof beading and all rusted bolts for Tuesday. Photographs of all replacement to be done under warranty were taken.

What surprised me that some official had to visit from FCA just for this. Then, not sure why people complain about sub-standard service/support. Yes. I was patient and waited for three days after my mail, and fourth day I got a call from service center to come as FCA personnel has come for this.

Impressive. Service center I have good relations with most of the staff. I am not very demanding :)
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Went at 11 today w/o calling. Saw a Palio - near total loss as per SC -- being recovered. It was almost done and looking as good as new in white. There were 3 other accidental cars under repair - most being rear-ended damages.

Got everything done today -- replacements done under warranty, except for two bolts which SC said are normally aftermarket stuff so I said leave it.

Wash and polishing done too -- Rs 850. 3M were booted out from the SC because of some dispute, so this was done by guy in the workshop and was not on bill, but cash payment.

Per SC, they get 7 to 10 cars daily for servicing, on an average and have a staff of 15. All are so courteous.
  8. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Had done Indore-Ranthambore-Bundi-Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Haldighati-Kumbhalgarh-Ranakpur-Mt Abu-Indore last year in October. Time for another outing, shorter though, to Rajasthan in December this year and route is : Indore - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Tanot - Bikaner - Pushkar - Indore as attached:

dec15-rajasthan.jpg

Night drive from Indore (starting at around 22:00 hrs) to Jodhpur and Pushkar to Indore. Is the route for two night drives safe? I love night driving and no one but me only will be driving during the night. 1 night in desert is planned.

2 (or 3 if son comes along) men and 2 ladies with packed boot. Planning still on paper and might add Navalgarh on return route if time-and-money permits. Have to stop at Pushkar as return from Bikaner to Indore is 700+

Any inputs would be welcome on this.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    My brother is just back from a 2000 km run (indore-ahmedabad-somnath-diu-gir-indore) and got FE of 18.1 km and here's the trip meter pics. AC was on for 40% of journey and he averaged around 70 kmph peak while driving. 2 Adults + 2 Kids + Luggage. Avg speed for the drive was 42 kmph. Surprised with M800 like FE in T-Jet, with horrible stretches of roads in MP on NH59

DSC_2868.JPG

DSC_2870.JPG
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @rusticnomad
    In the initial pics I see that the car has no chrome stripes around the bumpers and doors. May I know what happened ?

Thanks and Regards
    CSR