1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Our T-Jet Dynamic Minimal Grey -- Journey begins

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rusticnomad, Apr 11, 2014.

1. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    What a coincidence - my car central lock failed last year in April. Looks like central lock cannot bear the heat of the summer! I feel central locks will survive much longer if you avoid parking the car in hot sun. FIY - my DIY fix done last year is still doing good.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @rusticnomad, I am happy to note that you are from Indore! Wondering how I did not notice this before!
    We also visited Kumbhalgarh and Haldighati and had some confusion about the roads there, as you mentioned. Recently been on a route through Melghat (on March 22, to be specific). We didn't go to Chikhaldara, but visited Shegaon and returned via Akot - Paratwada- Semadoh -Dharni-Dedtalai-Khandwa-Indore. On the MSH6, there is a minor road (203) going-off to right after Sarawarkheda (while going from Indore and after crossing Semadoh) that goes to Chikhaldara. We took MSH6 from Paratwada to reach Khandwa. This road is good, though with lot of bends that you will enjoy. Road from Khandwa to Dedtalai is very good. I just shared this FYI.

Should meet someday!

Ravi_M
    rusticnomad likes this.
  3. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Ravi_M -- Thanks for the inputs on the route for Indore to Chikaldhara. We will go to Muktagiri also.
    Oh yes Haldighati to Kumbhalgarh -- road confusion was there with us also. Google maps showed a route which locals never knew. The actual road was in opposite direction to what gmap was wanting us to take. So we had to keep asking time and again. As for bends, Kumbhalgarh to Ranakpur had many, with quite steep descents, and I enjoyed them a lot.

I love driving and love driving in the night. So will be taking off at 3 AM.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 8, 2015 ---
    @asimpleson -- Yes I had checked that thread. But DIY sin't my forte ;)

@RaviHegde -- Car is rarely parked in sun. The problem was consistent since 5 days. So I posted here and at the same time shot a mail to all concerned including fiat. Before I could contact, service center called me and fixed the timing for today. This was a pleasant surprise to me.

Now here's the weirdness: The car was parked in unlocked state as it couldn't be locked and this had been the case since 5 days. I started off and suddenly it locks and MID indication for rear right door open is also gone. So, after reaching the workshop I had nothing to show except narrate the whole story again (which I had done over tele-call). They tested in all possible way and the problem would not come back again. They opened the rear right door pad and found nothing wrong.

Here's the second pleasant surprise. The workshop manager said since you had been facing the problem, we will replace the actuator (Child part of the assembly). So actuator was replaced, they did all the general inspection for everything, gave the car a wash and off I was in about 90 minutes, after signing papers and feedback form. As a courtesy, I did ask how much for the car wash, and he said its complimentary. He also said that if there are any problems at any time, just give a call and no need to email to fiat. We are here to keep customers happy :)

Five *'s to FASS.

I asked the manager about inventory management wt spares. He told me that the ordering is weekly on every Tuesday. If there's an emergency situation, then it is ordered anytime and delivered to them within 48 hours.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @rusticnomad, for inventory management sometimes for very small items, they come as packs in multiple quantities from Fiat. And dealerships need just like say 2 out of the 10 shipped in a pack for eg. That is why sometimes we will see more no. of small items pushed by them in certain jobs and invoices to clear their shelf and recover their money .. ;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Actually one very small item (right decoration or whatever it is called -- a small pc with the front qrtr glass) was not in stock. Since that's not critical, he said he will fix the same (at a charge of course) during the servicing. Looks like some kid or someone else had broken it in society parking.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, I think it costs about Rs. 47 or so, its called some kind of 'ornament' if you can get to see the packing. Actually believe it or not it got lost in FASC on the Linea. I think its a triangular covering. The SA said 'wasn't it already gone?' If it was why does it not reflect on job card I say. Anyways they pulled it I think from another one and fit it back. There was another incident where the boot door inside liner/covering went missing...:eek:
    I mean your FASC could be having good people there but you got to be cautious, else sometimes you realize too late what's missing..:sour:
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Had been to Chikhaldara for a 2 day vacation mid of this month 11th to 13th. A small place and good for a short break. Here are few videos & snaps

DSC01813.JPG

DSC01821.JPG

DSC01825.JPG

DSC01844.JPG

DSC01849.JPG

DSC01933.JPG

DSC01934.JPG

DSC02212.JPG

DSC02223.JPG

DSC02312.JPG

DSC02313.JPG

DSC02324.JPG

DSC02330.JPG

DSC02389.JPG

DSC02394.JPG

DSC02214.JPG
    varunrtr likes this.
  8. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Second Free service @8780km
    Total Damage: Rs 4619.00
    Till date: Rs 4619.00

Includes:

Oil Change (They put in Synthetic Oil)
    Air Filter/Oil Filter/AC Filter change
    Tyre rotation.
    Wheel Alignment (it was out)
    Cleanup & Wash

3M guys asked if I needed under-body protection - I said NO. Is this advisable?
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @rusticnomad - not at all for first 2-3 years at least . Nice pics by the way:)
    rusticnomad likes this.
  10. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Few issues wrt beading and rusting -- pics attached

DSC_2473.JPG

Service center agreed to replace this (not in stock) under warranty, and expected today, so will go on Friday for replacement.

For following repeated rusting issue (both rear doors), service center asked me to mail Fiat directly:

DSC_2480.JPG

DSC_2482.JPG

Have emailed all concerned at Fiat and waiting for inputs. Not sure if this rusting issue is also creeping up at locations not easily visible to the eye. Is this something that should be happening or is common? Barely 18 months old car. Inputs from veterans would help in dealing with Mangesh & Co over email.

Service center experience, I must say, is nothing short of being great so far. They go out of the way to make sure I am happy.

In fact, the left right door beading partly slipped inside at top end, though glass movement was fine but it was an eye sore. When I visited on Monday, they said they will replace under warranty. Then, the technicians fixed it without replacement. But, the boss there repeatedly kept saying -- Sir, if you are not satisfied we will replace it under warranty. I said no need because it looks fine now and in any case, if it slips in again I would be back.

I was aware that they wouldn't ask for any labor charges, so I thought of paying back with something and asked for door sill pads price. Rs 750 odd and they said they will fix it when I visit on Friday. It's give and take in life that always is easiest to work with. Not that I needed it, but I know to run a business money is needed, so I decided to go for it. Before leaving, I did ask for bill (labor charge for the time spent in fixing the door beading, because Time is money), and boss said -- nothing sir.

BTW, the maint. bay was almost all full with puntos, lineas (all MJD -- except mine ;) ) and one Avventura so looked a busy place. Good sight!

TIA
    Sujit508, sdp1975 and prabhjot like this.