1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Our T-Jet Dynamic Minimal Grey -- Journey begins

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rusticnomad, Apr 11, 2014.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    You should come back and do the first service and it should not be a problem becuase you would just 500 kms over. Plus you can explain that you were on a long driving holiday. If you really want to be sure then as Abhishek suggested you can get it confirmed with the FASS.

Have fun and be extra cautious at nights.
  2. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    @pabhishek -- Thanks. Perhaps I should have put my query more clearly. Let's say FASS has no problems wrt overshooting by 500km. Then, before setting out for journey is it advisable to get the checkup done? Actually my nephew is insisting on it:)

@5u3zEr0 -- Thanks!
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    If you arent facing any minor/major issues, and FASS is ok with your situation, I dont think your ride needs a checkup.
    all the best once again!
    rusticnomad likes this.
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Back after ~2K run. The worst part was when we entered MP on NH 927A and were greeted with 40 km of no roads at all, till we reached Ratlam. Took 2 hrs to cover this distance of driving on nothing but gravel -- looked like abandoned project. Driving post sunset on this stretch was a nightmare.

The second worst patch was a ~60 km drive on NH 12 before Kota and this again took more than 2 hrs to cover. The third worst patch of around 30 km was driving from Bundi to Chittorgarh.

The best stretch was Chittorgarh to Udaipur, where top speed of 160 was clocked comfortably.

Up journey from Indore to Ranthambore clocked FE of 14.8 where I was the only one driving and 4 adults with fully packed boot. Then spirited driving by others, with gear shifts at ~2.5K rpm, got the FE down and round trip managed FE of 12.8. I normally do gear shifts between 1500 and 2000 and this gives the best FE IMHO as seen practically. There were ghats section too on udaipur-haldghati-kumbhalgarh-ranakpur-mount abu-ambaji sector and the bad 927A stretch to bring the FE down too.

All nomenclature as per google maps. Never trust google maps blindly. It always suggested few roads which never existed apparently. For example, while going from Haldighati to Kumbhalgarh it suggested route which no local ever was aware of so we kept asking the locals every now and then.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    How did the linea faired?
    Journey of 2K kms and not a single pic!!
  6. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Linea performance - no complains. After adding seat cover, i could finally find a comfortable driving position. So much so that the 450+ km drive starting at 1 AM in night was almost non stop, and after reaching Ranthambore was fit and ready for the fort visit in less than 3 hrs without any rest. Shall be posting pics soon ... meanwhile here are 3 videos from Udaipur boat rides recorded on Xperia ZL. Watch them in HD mode if BW/speed permits.

Camera photos still to be transferred to laptop so will upload few photo pics from taken from Phone.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 15, 2014 ---
    Day 1 Ranthambore Fort Visit. We hired a gypsy with guide for Rs 1300. The entire session lasted 3 hours, starting from 3 PM from hotel. We stayed at Hotel Greenview Ranthambore. Good place and economical one too with good manager -- Vishnu. Had checked hotel review on tripadvisor, but booked directly. Got a nice deal of Rs 650/PAX for A/C room for 4 PAX. Food at Hotel was expensive but we had no other choice. Food quality -- AWESOME. All freshly made and you could see them preparing while on roof top restaurant.

All snaps are from phone so might/will lack the crispness:
    • Drive up to fort.
    DSC_0248.JPG
    • Spotted this on the way:
    DSC_0242.JPG

• Hameer Kund while on the way to fort.
    DSC_0244.JPG
    • Climb up to fort
    DSC_0265.JPG
    • View while moving up.
    DSC_0268.JPG

• My BH at Ganesh Pol -- the entrance to fort.
    DSC_0273.JPG

• View inside fort.
    DSC_0282.JPG

• Lake view from fort top. Tigers ae said to be sighted around the lake region.

DSC_0284.JPG

• My nephew, his fiance' and my BH. Unfortunately, my son had to skip due to last minute announcement of his internal exam dates.

DSC_0300.JPG
    • Cenotaph inside the fort
    DSC_0310.JPG

• Hamir Mahal inside the fort.
    DSC_0314.JPG
    • And, finally nearing Sunset for Day1:)
    DSC_0317.JPG
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    I had driven in night for quite a large part of the Rajasthan trip. Approximately 1/3 of journey was night driving only. Was very happy with the high beam throw (default bulbs/headlamps) and it was excellent in my opinion. Will post more pictures soon.
  8. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Day 2 (Ocober 4th): Safari at Ranthambore in first half - 7 am to 10:30 (pickup from hotel). No tigers sighted. Just the Pugmarks :(
    After reaching hotel, we had the free breakfast and it was really heavy with stuffed parathas, omelet and bread, and we cleared the bills at 11 and checked out. Nothing special to post about Tiger Safari as none were sighted.

Proceeded to Bundi after fuel top up. Approximately 30 km was a bad run as far as roads were concerned. A random pitstop on the way to Bundi at a water body. Few snaps:

DSC_0376.JPG

DSC_0385.JPG

DSC_0378.JPG

Reached Bundi at 4PM. Stayed at Kasera Heritage View. Bad approach road as really congested and narrow lanes. Tired so decided to rest and prepare for next day's site seeing. Bundi is a small place and nothing much to see. The hotel guy advised us not to visit the fort, but just restrict to the palace as fort is in ruins and nothing much to see and it is a treacherous climb. Even the palace was a steep climb with no steps.

To be continued.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    A 2N/3D day trip to Chikaldhara planned for 10th of this month and Central Locking failed today. Right rear door shows always open and doors don't lock (remote/with key). It locks and unlocks.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @rusticnomad, the issue is mentioned here by @RaviHegde. Even if you are not a DIYer it could help.