1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Our T-Jet Dynamic Minimal Grey -- Journey begins

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by rusticnomad, Apr 11, 2014.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Many many congratulations and wishing you a great ownership with her!! Sorry to see some of the older quality problems starting to creep back inn but silver lining , atleast they are minor. Why were you banned from the Skoda Page ? :)
  2. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks puchoo

As for being banned from Skoda FB Page : I asked them (even did on Fiat's FB page reversing the query) a simple question

Give me three reasons why I should buy Skoda Rapid instead of Linea TJet.
    They preferred to ban instead of answering it. As asimpleson mentioned in my intro thread, some divine intervention saved me :)
    3 people like this.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and Happy Jetting
  4. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Tony
    Currently she is on short warm up runs until ODO clocks 1500 km. Plans for real Jetting would be after that :)
  5. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Back here after a long time.

City running of around 580 with Ac on gave 9.8.

Followed up with 1700 km long distance run and computed FE as per MID worked out 13.8 with AC on and 90% drive being on highways and balance 10% city traffic with passenger load of 2+2 and the usual boot load.

Total run as of now : 2350.

Looks like a decent FE. Will it improve further?
    1 person likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Its quite good more or less!!

Happy Tjetting!!
  7. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Went on a short 240km (up/down) excursion trip, 4 adults, with 20:80 split between city:highway drive

Up journey : FE 15.6 per MID. Very gradual acceleration -- Top speed 120, but most of the time it as between 80-100 on highway. A/c on full duration.

Up/Down journey: FE 13.8 per MID. A/C On during entire journey. Return was heavy footed acceleration and top speeds of 140, with max duration on highway being in range of 100-120.

Actually, I have this irresistible habit of getting bugged when those in RVM request for overtaking despite seeing that there's no way they can overtake. This happened while return where 2 Mahindra XUV, 1 Bolero and later an Innova guy was continuously nagging so I went on overdrive and they disappeared from RVM very quickly, with never to appear again till I reached city limits and we parted ways.

I guess with easy driving (gear shit at around 1500-1800 and speeds of 80-100 on highway) 15-16kpl is easily achievable, provided I am not bugged by unnecessary dipper by those on RVM for overtaking.

Happy with FE so far. ODO reads 2900+.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    Back here after a long time and good to see XENFORO as the platform for forum, as I run a diabetic's forum on same platform.

Planning to take the jet out for a 10 day trip around Rajasthan in First week of October and the route map is:

trip-map.jpg

First pit-stop is Ranthambore. Total of 5 pit-stops (night stay). Have bought -- towing rope, jumper cables, pressure guage cum inflator, puncture kit, dual phone charger, a yellow tape (as will be passing through Gujarat on return and I heard they are finicky about some yellow strips on headlights). Anything else that I need to add to the list?

Also, if anyone has taken the route as shown, which sector has bad roads? The Jet will be fully loaded down to boot space as 5 adults travelling and mostly will be driving by night or late evenings, unless there's a dangerous stretch which forces day driving.

TIA
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  9. rusticnomad

rusticnomad Amatore

Indore
    Indore
    Linea T-Jet
    A question before the impending trip:

ODO reads ~3500.
    Round trip would be ~2K.
    So, should I go for the first servicing (5K) before the trip or after coming back? Any other advise before the take off?

TIA.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @rusticnomad - all the best for the trip. Have a blast.
    It will be better if you confirm this(regarding first checkup) with the FASS in your area. If they are OK, Its fine. generally 400-500 kms are considered.
    rusticnomad likes this.