1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Our first FIAT-its a T-Jet.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by kimster, Sep 18, 2013.

1. kimster

kimster Timido

Solan H.P.
    A family of three mom, dad n yours truly. Current cars in our garage are 2000 matiz and 2006 baleno, it all started with mom wanting a new car preferably a hatch around 5 lac ex-showroom price,Since our parking can accommodate only two cars the new one is toreplace either the Matiz or Baleno.
    though I just love the looks of Italian siblings and always admired the jet but Fiat wasn't an option because of no dealerships in close vicinity and 5% entry tax on buying a vehicle from another state.

The hunt begins
    1. Maruti A big No fromdad, because of poor service experienced on baleno from the localdealer Goyal motors solan /shimla moreover swift is way to common onroads.
    2. hyundai rejected because of paper boat like handling.
    3. Chevrolet isn't interested ion Chinese products.
    4. tata didn't even thought of
    5.Nissan/Renault distance to dealership,same products with different badges.
    6. Skoda one of my friend owns a fabia and I don't like its 1.2 lt 3 pot engine(just pathetic)
    7.VW doesn't have a dealership in Himachal.
    8.Toyota with etios twins they are selling there badge n not the product
    9.Ford have recently opened a new dealership in solan. My cousin owns a figo tdci,have always liked it for its handling n no nonsense practical design,since its petrol engine has nothing to write home about went in to book figo tdci trend costing around 5.5 lac ex-showroom.

Ecosports' launch was just around the corner sodelayed the booking just to have a look the new launch. 26thjune ecosport was launched fell for its looks and the killer pricebeing offered by ford even though I was apprehensive of its handling capabilities but dad went ahead and booked 1.5P ambiente on 28th june,which were to be upgraded to trend after seeing the variants in real world.Though waiting period was mentioned to us as 3 months but dealer said we shall be getting our car in about 45 days time.

so thewaiting game begins n also the step motherly treatment of petrolheads by ford one could see number of diesel ecosports but there wasno sign of 1.5 petrol version(till now haven't seen one).

then just going through various forums I came across that Fiat is offering 1lac discount on T-jets so doing the mathematics

Ecosport:ex. rs 565211.00 + accesssries 35000 + insurance abt 20000 =620000.00
    T-jet: ex 775000 - 100000(discount) + insurance = around7 lacs.
    registration n other charges are not included.

but convincing dad wasn't going to be easy whenever I used to mention linea he would compare it with etios(my cousin owns one).Solan does not have many lineas forget sitting in one probably hasn't seen one on road here.though he loved its looks but was still apprehensive about Fiat
    Then came rakshabandhan on 20 august and me and my dad visited my aunt in Ambala and Ambala luckily has a Fiat dealership. Went to the dealership, took T-jets TD, I could see on dads face he was mighty impressed with the Fiats' build quality-heaviness of doors especially the boot lid. SA offered us 1lac discount + insurance for 14k inrs. now the deal was looking sweeter dad also felt in tjet we are getting a better car(of a segment higher) for about the same price but then came 5% entry tax soany thought of buying car from Ambala went out of the window.
    next day i called Fiat dealership in Mandi inquired SA(Surya) about the offer they offered me 70000 cash discount + insurance worth 30000 free I told him about deal offered at Ambala dealership but he refused saying he can only give this much.

couple of days went by fearing once ecosport arrives the chances getting at jet home would diminish then out of nowhere i received a call from manager(Vivek) of fiat dealership Mandi I asked him about the offer and he readily agreed to give me 1 lac discount as exchange bonus and insurance for 14k inrs and as they say rest is history next day went to ford cancelled the booking of ecosport got the refund check of booking amount - 3000 inr next day and on 27th booked the NPW active T-jet.

On Friday the 13 of August received a call from dealership that My car is about to reach the dealership. Told them to prepare the car and finish necessary formalities as I am coming tomorrow to take the delivery.
    Next day reached the dealership at around 1300 hrs did the PDI and it took about 2 hrs to finish the paperwork.

More pictures and initial ownership review coming soon.

linea delivery 004.jpg

linea delivery 006ed.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
    11 people like this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the Tjet home. Enjoy many more miles with the Tjet.

Love the white Linea for the elegance.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  4. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Congrats kimster! Welcome to the club! :)
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulations Kimster on the Jet. Good to know that your heart ruled over your mind and you chucked the Ecosport. Just 2 pictures dont do the justice the fantastic car, please post more snaps of the car please.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Congrats on the Jet !

How much road tax did you pay ? In Bangalore it's impossible to get the Active variant @ OTR 7L due to the high road taxes.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Wow.Congrats on buying Jet mate.Welcome to TFI & club of T-Jet.post more pics of your T-Jet.
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Congrats Kimster for T-jet. You have definitely taken a wise decision by selecting this powerful car as it pulls on hills so easy & is fun to drive.
    What I am noticing is people in hill states are preferring T-Jet over other FIATs.
  9. jet

jet Timido

Congrats !
    yes absolutely fun to drive in hills its a combination of power , handling and steering precision at play

10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Congratulations Kimster!! Look forward to reading more and more of your experience - next time i an on my way home to Shimla , will try and spot your T-Jet while going through Solan , or better yet maybe we can meet over a cup of tea!! :)